Dragonball Z Terebikko Cel

Show off your stuff!
SabreMarionette

Dragonball Z Terebikko Cel

Post by SabreMarionette »

So here is to my first post! And to make it a special one, I thought I would show a cel I have owned for a few years now which is from Dragonball Z: Atsumare! Goku World for Terebikko.

Terebikko was a Interactive VHS Home Console, or known in the U.S. as a See n' Say video phone.
While watching the game you can answer the character on screen and select the answer with the corresponding button. You can actually watch it on youtube to get the feel of how the game went. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZdc9F5VUBk )

I'm not so good at explaining things, so I'll just let you enjoy the art~ But hopefully you can see why I love this one to bits and where it comes from~! <3

gokuscreencap.jpg
gokuscreencap.jpg (194.85 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
goku1.jpg
goku1.jpg (484.35 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
gokusketch.jpg
gokusketch.jpg (370.28 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
Oh! And thank you for looking! I appreciate it! :-D

All the best!!!

Sabre Marionette
Last edited by SabreMarionette on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Dragonball Z Terebikko Cel

Post by Pixel »

Now I see where your avatar comes from.

I have to admit, personally I'm not a Dragonball fan. The interactive system you describe however is quite interesting. The 90's were a fine time for experiments in mixed media. In the middle of the decade, computers were just becoming capable enough to handle real-time digital audio and digital video, and of course 3D as well.

Shortly before and into the 3D boom, a number of "neither strictly animation, nor full-on video game" concepts were tried, like this one. The animation portion could still be done as if it was a TV series, which of course is what you have represented here by this cel. You don't see that much anymore.

I've never heard of Terebikko or See n' Play before. Thanks for sharing.

The cel has a lot of punch.
SabreMarionette

Pixel wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:33 pm Now I see where your avatar comes from.

I have to admit, personally I'm not a Dragonball fan. The interactive system you describe however is quite interesting. The 90's were a fine time for experiments in mixed media. In the middle of the decade, computers were just becoming capable enough to handle real-time digital audio and digital video, and of course 3D as well.

Shortly before and into the 3D boom, a number of "neither strictly animation, nor full-on video game" concepts were tried, like this one. The animation portion could still be done as if it was a TV series, which of course is what you have represented here by this cel. You don't see that much anymore.

I've never heard of Terebikko or See n' Play before. Thanks for sharing.

The cel has a lot of punch.
To be honest, I never heard of Terebikko before either. But as you said, it seems it was experimental. According to Wikipedia it's lifespan was from 1988 to 1994 in Japan and only had a handful of games it seems. It's thanks to this cel that I learned about what it is. I actually hope I can come across more Terebikko game cels. It's a nice little piece of obscure history. Haha~
bulleta
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by bulleta »

I have one from that "game" as well. About 16:48 in the video you posted, I believe that's where my Trunks cel came from. Took me FOREVER to ID that cel. :l My gallery is down and probably wont be making a comeback otherwise I'd post a link.

You have a great cel! Love it!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Sailor Moon had their own version of these games, and I have a cel used in the making of the game. It also took me a long while to identify it because the source was just so obscure.

I really like your Goku cel. It looks like it's in great shape for its age.
SabreMarionette

cutiebunny wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:22 pm Sailor Moon had their own version of these games, and I have a cel used in the making of the game. It also took me a long while to identify it because the source was just so obscure.

I really like your Goku cel. It looks like it's in great shape for its age.
Thank you! :) I seen the Sailor moon as well. I was lucky to purchase the cel from someone who already knew where its from. So it took the research out for me. But I never heard of it before until I purchased the Goku cel. I would love to see the Sailor Moon Terebikko cel you have sometime. <3