Looking for matching layer

Show off your stuff!
SabreMarionette

Looking for matching layer

Post by SabreMarionette »

Hello everyone!

I have had this cel below for quite sometime and have not stumbled onto the matching layer. I have been watching Inuyasha looking for the screencap so I can locate what it exactly looks like. But I'm not sure if I overlooked it since I haven't been able to capture the image. By chance does anyone recognize what episode this might be from? Or has seen the matching layer? I want to try to reunite them one day. :( I appreciate any help that can be offered.
InuYashacel02a.jpg
InuYashacel02a.jpg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 2424 times
InuYashacel02b.jpg
InuYashacel02b.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2424 times

Best,

Sabre
SabreMarionette

Re: Looking for matching layer

Also...I just realized I posted this in the wrong place. I'm so sorry! :l
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

From the notation on the top, it looks like Ep. 7, c. 146, which would be right around the eyecatch. I'll do a quick check on my DVD.

Edit: Don't immediately see it in the middle of Ep. 7. Is it normal TV size or "letterbox"? If the latter, the notations may mean "Scene 7" in one of the movies.
SabreMarionette

sensei wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:00 pm From the notation on the top, it looks like Ep. 7, c. 146, which would be right around the eyecatch. I'll do a quick check on my DVD.

Edit: Don't immediately see it in the middle of Ep. 7. Is it normal TV size or "letterbox"? If the latter, the notations may mean "Scene 7" in one of the movies.
Thanks for helping me with this Sensei. I'm not sure off hand but if I recall its a normal TV size. I haven't watched the movies yet so maybe that could be it. It's been so hard since the show is so long.

Edit1: I watched all of Episode 7 all of the way through and no sign. I'm just going to keep rewatching episodes. If I can't find it...I just don't know what to do anymore :(
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

I know the outfit Kagome is wearing (Blue sweater with yellow/orange X's) is only worn in Ep 6-7
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
sensei

Post by sensei »

I noticed that too: perhaps Ep. 6? It looks like a moment when she is riding on Inuyasha's back traveling from one place to another or trying to evade an attack.
SabreMarionette

Thanks everyone for your clues. I had to rewatch Episode 6 and 7 6 times but I finally was able to find it.
InuYashacel02c.jpg
InuYashacel02c.jpg (277.57 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
Now I just got to keep a lookout for the missing Inuyasha layer. You all are the best! <3

Edit1: Kagome-chan had the matching layer http://kagomechan.rubberslug.com/galler ... emID=14599
But it appears it was sold. :( I'm not sure who owns it now.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Might be worth a query on the FB "Anime Cel Collectors - Sales Group" (for ISO posts) or on "RubberSlug & AnimeBeta" (also used for ISO old RS gallery curators).
SabreMarionette

sensei wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:01 am Might be worth a query on the FB "Anime Cel Collectors - Sales Group" (for ISO posts) or on "RubberSlug & AnimeBeta" (also used for ISO old RS gallery curators).
Thanks Sensei. :bow I just sent requests to join both groups so I can hopefully track down who owns the cel currently. This cel has been in my collection since 2005. It needs to be with its friend. :)