Gallery update 02/23/20

Show off your stuff!
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Gallery update 02/23/20

Post by JWR »

Hi all

I finally was able to purchase a new Mustek scanner that works will Win 10 so I can get back to updating again.

I was able to add artwork to my AMG Movie section http://ryan.rubberslug.com/gallery/mast ... esID=46909
got a few Rozen Maiden pieces in my MIsc section http://ryan.rubberslug.com/gallery/mast ... esID=46907
and a Ranma 1/2 Ova cel http://ryan.rubberslug.com/gallery/mast ... esID=46901

In addition I was able to pickup a few pieces of art I would like to share
The 1st is another Tetsuro Sawada lithograph that came with very interesting providence

Next is a publication called Causerie printed in Feb 1936 in which some original works of H.P. Lovecraft were published and I discovered and had authenticated a hand written correction by Lovecraft.

And finally I was able to procure a Volks Super Dolfie Grafitti doll of Belldandy.
They were originally sold in Dec of 2013 for $1750.00 US and very limited. In the Grafitti line the character are made as more "real world" rather than the anime versions

Best Always,

JWR
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Gallery update 02/23/20

Post by sensei »

Very interesting additions. The Lovecraft correction is especially intriguing, as it shows that this particular copy was once owned or at least handled by the writer. And the cat in your Belldandy doll is very cleverly done: I've seen happy cats stretch out like that.

Can't contribute much to your new Rozen Maiden items except that they look to me to be from the earlier series by Nomad rather than from the newer Studio Deen production. And so they are much finer art, particularly the one of Souseiseki, an interesting character that appears all too rarely in this series.

I'll have one of my uncommon updates next month probably. . . .
JWR

Re: Gallery update 02/23/20

Post by JWR »

Thanks Sensei,

Since the correction by Lovecraft was basically 2 words it was hard to identify it at 1st but in comparing the way he would write "The" with a perticular T separated from the HE the experts were able to match it up with several other known examples as his.

The cat was a jointed figure I found on Etsy a few years ago and I think worked well with the Belldandy since we decided to put her in normal clothes rather than the provided Goddess outfit she came with. It's a nice change since the majority of the Belldandy statues & figures in our collection have her in the traditional goddess attire.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison