Something for the 4th

Show off your stuff!
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Something for the 4th

Post by metheus »

Thanks to COVID-19 I'm not traveling this 4th, so I thought I'd root through the cel collection and revisit some things. Bit surprised my login still worked here. It's been about seven years since I "retired" from collecting. I can't say it was absolute, I did pick a few minor things here and there. I've posted 22 new items to rubberslug, ranging from some minor hanken down to some freebies. Apologies, I just had a digital camera to work with for this round.

I have a few more lots I might try to properly scan at some point. Cels from Gokudo-kun Man'yuki and the Chip Chan Kick pc-fx game and also some sketch sets from Koi Koi Seven, Saint October, and GeGeGe no Kitaro. Nothing earth shattering or on anyone's wishlists.

http://metheus.rubberslug.com

As for life, well you buy a house, you start saving for retirement, work gets busy, etc... time keeps moving. For all the absurdity 2020 has brought, I appreciate that some things have slowed down. An intermission every now and then isn't bad. I need to rewatch the End of Evangelion, but in my memory of the fansubs somewhere between the destruction of Air and Heart, amidst some classical music the narrator asks, "Are you happy?" ...anyrate, it's as good a year as any for some introspection.

For now, I'm looking forward to the next installments of Battle Athletes (ReSTART! ... it was only a two decade break) and the Irregular at Magic High School. By the Grace of the Gods hopefully gets a good treatment... I really like the Ascendance of a Bookworm novels, the anime treatment was really lacking though.

I would love to see more Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu and Chrome Shelled Regios, but I'll probably have to settle for getting the light novels.
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Something for the 4th

Post by jiangdc »

Welcome back!
I have no idea whether I will be still around after 7 years but I enjoy everyday now: make friends, watch anime, buy arts. :cheers
Thanks for sharing your gallery. You have wide range of collection, I spotted some of the pc games that I didn't even know original arts exists.
All I was able to get regarding Disgaea is a rough shikish on Laharl from Harada Takehito.
Hope you still find this place like home and good luck with collecting :cheers
DC
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Hope you are doing well Metheus!

I'm mainly only reading web novels these days. The English translations can't come out fast enough for me anymore, but there's still fun stuff to read even if most of them are very similar stories to something else (too many copycats). Even a few H-web novels can be pretty good sometimes when you run out of non-H stories.
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Jiangdc,

Disgaea if memory serves was a lot of random sketches. I think I picked it up early when the show just came out. Possibly from Mandarake, they can be a good source. If your patient, more will probably turn up in time.

If your willing to look outside the popular anime titles and spend a lot of time digging through listings, you can find a lot of great art out there. Like other collectors, I liked DBZ, Sailor Moon, Hunter x Hunter, Studio Ghibli, and others popular series but my budget didn't. As for video games, there are a lot of PC-FX, PC-98, win98, etc. games that used cels, they turn up randomly, are often misnamed/mis-catagorized, and can often be really affordable, just don't be in a rush as they show up randomly and it's hard to predict if you'll be up against a hardcore collector.

Keropi,

Web novels are a mixed bag, mostly free, so I can't complain to much. The novel, Living in this World with Cut & Paste, started out cool, it's decline sadly paralleled the author's health from what I understand. I sent you a PM as I owe you more than a passing hello.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Really like the update on your hanken section, as well as the older PC game hankens, haven't seen many of those during the time I collected.

Also agree on the intermission being for the better. Its been a really long time since I had the slow down to be able to dedicate so much time/energy to myself and even begin to adjust to the new lifestyle after some time. I think I'd look back years from now and reminiscence on the personal peace.