34%
No
34%
No opinion either way
31%

Total votes: 32

Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Poll: Coming Soon section? Yes or no?

Post by Wolfette »

Before I go, I was wondering what the opinion was for coming soon sections? Do you all like to see whats coming, or be surprised for the update?

I used to have a coming soon area, but took it down and have had a couple people ask me why... so I'm curious what everyones thoughts are. :)

Thanks!

Sheri :whip
:sleep2

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Juunana_Gou
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Juunana_Gou »

To tell ya the truth, I don't like coming soon pages. Why? Because it takes away from the exsitment of a update, because why stick around for a update if you allready know what is coming in? I think it is way more exsiting when a page just has a update that says they are getting new cels, that way when the cels do come in it is fun to look at all the nice stuff that they got.
that is what I think in my half asleep sleepy state. :sleep3
"I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, With a bullet called life, yeah called life,
You know that every time I try to go Where I really want to be, It's already where I am, Cause I'm already there."
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

I both do and don't like coming soon sections...

Do, because then you get to see what people have coming in, what key cels they have been after, and basically drool over the eye candy and bask in the admiration of your fellows :)

Don't, because it lets the excitement out about what you have coming in, and the extent of your updates.

Or, you could do what i have done in the past...put up a few coming soons as teasers, and keep the rest back for the actual update :)
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

I personally like coming soon pages. I have a "En Route" page on my web site. It's fun to see what a person is going to be adding to their collection soon. :D
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

I like them! :twisted:
ImageImage
Nightwind
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nightwind »

I really like to see what people have coming in when I go a web site.

:envy
"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

I kind of agree with Juunana_Gou, and it's the main reason I took mine down. I guess I worried that no one would check out what was new since I had a preview of it on my site already. (Especially since it's usually a good 3-4 weeks in between updates for me.. heh)

I like Tabbykitty's idea of only putting a few examples of coming soon cels up though ... I might do that. :)

Thanks for everyones opinion!

Sheri

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

I like to see other's coming soon cels, especially because some people will not update for a loooong time. However, I've been actually thinking if I will set up a coming soon section; I probably won't because I normally only get in about 2-3 cels at a time, which will completely ruin the fun of my update. For those who get several cels at a time it'll probably be ok.
Golden Dragon
Senpai - Elder

Post by Golden Dragon »

Me I also Like and Dislike Coming soon pages.
I love to know what that person is getting in, but I the other hand I wouldn't want the surprise ruined. So Yah, I agree with TabbyCat to put teasers and then show off all of them in the update. Unless you are getting a few then I would just wait and not even have a coming soon page and just post an Update. Me I personally don't have a coming soon page, for the simple reason I just don't have to time. Like I have a bunch of cels that are not on my site yet, I have to pay off a few more cels and then when I do my update I will have to redo the entire Dragonball section of my site. That is going to take some time. :?
Kat

Thanks S17 for the great banner!!!!

I will smite you with my Blade of Honor! - Guan Yu
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

Heehee, I guess you can disregard my last post. I ended up making a coming soon section....we'll see how long it lasts. Anyway what I did was the image I put up was only PART of the cel....so in order to see it entirely, you must wait for the update.....my way to keep the update interesting. You can see it here:

http://lunarcels.rubberslug.com/gallery ... =Lunarcels

Coming soon sections can be both good and bad, you've just got to decide what to do to keep it interesting.
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

*rofls* Good idea myers551! Definately a way to keep people coming back to see your updates!
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I don't like 'Coming Soon" sections. I agree, it takes out the suspension and anticipation.

I agree with myers- make up something to have poeple come back! The partial picture idea was good. Also, you might have a mystery cel deal, where you list the given anime, and some character details, and have people guess who the cel is of. Then people have to visit again to see if they got it right.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Juunana_Gou
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Juunana_Gou »

Elfstalker,
:laugh That's what I did on my gallery, did anyone ever see that? In my coming soon section I had a contest, you have to guess what the cel is and the first person to guess what it was got to see a pic before I put it up.
That was for my Trunks Vs Cell cel, I actually had allot of people make geusses, it was pretty fun!
"I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, With a bullet called life, yeah called life,
You know that every time I try to go Where I really want to be, It's already where I am, Cause I'm already there."
gogeta00
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by gogeta00 »

I dont like coming soon sections for all the reasons you all stated. An well stated at that... :)
Jason
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Jason »

Yes for cels from YJ. Why, it takes too long to get them and I always like to see who wins them. No for cels bought from ebay or cel dealers. Since it only takes about a week to get those cels there is no reason to place them in a coming soon section. :D