Jafax at GVSU, Michigan

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Aww, sorry to hear you have to work, though I doubt you'll miss much!! I *finally* got a puny little job at a gas station just a block away from my house. Right now, I think they have me scheduled to work that weekend, too, but it should be easy enough for me to get that weekend off. *shrugs* The big question right now is whether or not my costume will get to me in time. =P

Ahh! So you're going to see the new Miyazaki film! Cool! I'm sure it will be good. Miyazaki kicks Disney's uncute Mickey butt. lol
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

Gha...I'm such a dork. This whole time I was thinking that Jafax was last weekend, until someone I work with was complaining that we have to work this weekend so he was gonna miss it. X| Ah well....can't go now anyway. :roll:

Nikki
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

lol Yeah, it's this coming weekend. And my cosplay costume isn't going to make it here in time. *mad* Sorry you can't go! It would have been neat to meet somebody from Beta! heehee
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Day one of Jafax was pretty damn fun. I got to sit in on this "how to write/draw a manga" panel...and the dude kept getting off the topic, but he had some really helpful tips for artists, even one as unskilled as me. I told the guy that I had been trying to draw and asked him for a few tips. He said that the best way to improve anime style art is by practicing realistic illustrations, or at least mini-practice sketches. So I may attempt some realistic drawings in the near future. I'm gonna bring in a couple of my bad sketches for him to see and comment on. Maybe he will be able to give me some more helpful tips to improve! *can't wait*

There were a ton of local anime artists selling their stuff (many of them had DA accounts, so I'll have to look them up there, too) and I watched as they drew stuff. I could have watched them draw for hours. It's really something to watch an artist create pieces of art.

Then I ran one of the series viewing rooms and we watched the first five episodes of Azumanga Daiou. FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY!! This was the funniest thing I had ever seen in a really long time. I'd highly recommend it. The insane funniness reminded me a bit of Karekano, w/o the serious storyline in the background. I may have to get this series just for laughs sake.

Anyway, that was my first day. I'm going back early tomorrow again even though I'm not on the schedule until noon. Yay!