Rubberslug Gathering at Anime Expo 2005

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

reserve now

Post by noisywalruforgothislogin »

Just a reminder, don't forget to add your name to the list if you intend to go to the thingy on Saturday night. We'll have some kind of video feed set up (hopefully) roaming around the bar/dining area doing mini-interviews of people and having a bit of fun. If we get the video working, we'll post member interviews on the website for viewing by everyone on the world wide intertron. It'll be cool. Yes, you can even sing.

I'm printing the list out of people out tonight and taking it with me on my Thursday 8 AM flight to Cali. Since we broke 30 people, we can start taking people without reservations... so feel free to invite anyone you know/meet at the con out with us. Adding your name to the list is still very important because we will make every effort to make sure you're there and find you a ride if necessary.

Everyone is welcome whether you like our silly website or not. Except pets. And space aliens. And anyone who resembles this dude. :vict
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I added some Slugfest pics in my blog. :D

http://www.tabulas.com/~Rheytarian/gallery.html
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Great pics, Olivia!!!
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Thanks for your support. What time is it?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

What great pics, Elfstalker/Rheytarian/Olivia! :D (People around here have so many aliases, I can't keep you all straight! :) heehee!) Looks like you had a wonderful time! I'm so jealous that I didn't get to go meet all you fun people! :cry:
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Thanks for all those pictures!!

...next year... :)
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

aernath wrote:
Yes why spend a week in Hawaii when you can hang out with us in downtown Anaheim :nya:

Maria & I really enjoyed both the Beta & R/S gatherings. We hope to see more of you at next years cons.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I had a blast chatting with everyone! :yourock: We'll have to get together again sometime.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
aernath
Perv-chan

Post by aernath »

JWR wrote:
aernath wrote:
Yes why spend a week in Hawaii when you can hang out with us in downtown Anaheim :nya:
heh... actually, the hubby just mentioned last night about going to Pohnpei for a long weekend later this year, and maybe a long trip to either Japan or Australia next year.... (he's been promising me Australia for nigh on five years now...)

and hey, we're getting completely out of debt beginning of next year, so who knows? It COULD happen! (I think I'd like to go as Ranma....) :D

(think of the possibilities here... pour cold water on me and I rip my shirt open! :rollin)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

aernath wrote:(think of the possibilities here... pour cold water on me and I rip my shirt open! :rollin)
8O Get you and ManFaye together, and who needs any other entertainment at a con?? :P
aernath
Perv-chan

Post by aernath »

...now if we could just get my hair to change color... :rollin
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Next year, we'll have to get a cel panel together in conjunction with our RS gathering. In fact, I spoke with Ron Stark at SR Labs. They are the group that does all the cel conservation and preservation for Disney. He was willing to give a presentation at AX next year on the history of cels and preservation of animation related material if we can get a panel together. I wouldn't mind orchestrating this if I know that we will have a turnout as good as the RS dinner. Besides, that might attract some of the peripheral cel crowd as well. Perhaps some of the LA locals could help out with this as well. I'll definitely keep this in mind for next year.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness