Rubberslug Gathering at Anime Expo 2005

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Who lets you? Why? : Elfstalker said she glomp Shampoo- costume and all.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Belldandy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Belldandy »

Does anyone know if there is going to be a cel panel as well as a RS gathering?
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Hmmm, I don't think so but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure that the con will be hosting one (not sure when).

Slugfest is more of a get together to eat and drink and maybe some karaoke. :P
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
TauntingDestiny
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by TauntingDestiny »

I live in Anaheim so I'll be there for sure. If my car has the engine swap finished in time (fingers crossed) I can fit 3 in my AE86. If not I can take 2 in my S13. So if you need a ride I can help.

TD
tsukushi
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by tsukushi »

No cel panel is scheduled for AX. I read on the AX news page that all panel slots are already filled up, so it's too late anyways, unless we find another group who would be so generous as to share the room, like last year.

I was wondering...if you don't have a RS gallery, then you can't go to the RS gathering? Is that why there are separate RS and Beta gatherings?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

That's an interesting possible explanation.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

tsukushi wrote:I was wondering...if you don't have a RS gallery, then you can't go to the RS gathering? Is that why there are separate RS and Beta gatherings?
The only reason I made the AX meeting was to hang with a few Betarians opening night and shoot the breeze over sushi and drinks. I don't know what the requirements are for the the RS gathering. I'm sure they are pretty laid back about things, and I know RS is always looking for another member. Check out the RS message board for all the info.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

tsukushi wrote:
I was wondering...if you don't have a RS gallery, then you can't go to the RS gathering? Is that why there are separate RS and Beta gatherings?
No the RS gathering is open to anyone whether you have a gallery or not.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

That's an interesting possible explanation.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

tsukushi wrote: I was wondering...if you don't have a RS gallery, then you can't go to the RS gathering? Is that why there are separate RS and Beta gatherings?
You have to sing a karaoke song to be in this gathering. :buds:

Just kidding!!!! Though, there just may be some singing yet. Depends on how much alcohol ppl drink and the right situation. /no1
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

We may hold an unofficial cel gathering at Slugfest. I will update once I know for sure. :wink:
Last edited by Elfstalker on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cel Gallery
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Where is one come all with your cels ?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

well if there's another gathering on Sat I'm totally in!
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Cel Gallery
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Alright, I decided. I'm in. :D I'll sign up on rubberslug officially later tonight. I look forward to seeing everyone. 8)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!