Beta gathering at AX!

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

JWR wrote:
duotrouble wrote:Okay! Your avatar looks like it's rooting me to come. :D Well, seeing as how my hotel roomie is a beta member, there's a BIG chance I'll there. But I'll confirm later this week one way or another. :)
I have the bottle of Tequila waiting so you better be there :buds:
Well, with an offer like that, how can I refuse? :wink: BTW, I'm in. :D See y'all there. I look forward to meeting everyone. 8)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Looks like we have a pretty good crowd. I'll try to attend if I can convince my significant other to let me attend two different cel gatherings! Should we bring any cels?
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Do you think you should?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Yahh! :bny :dban
I cant wait! AX is juuuuust around the corner you guys!!
:jump

Unfortunately since Im flying in from Florida theres
no way I'll be bringing any of my lovelies out there. /wah
just too paranoid something would happen to them >_<

BTW Craig I'd personally love to see your KK cels! :love2
(havent forgotten since February lol)
But no pressure no pressure :emb /no1
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

JWR wrote:
duotrouble wrote:
Okay! Your avatar looks like it's rooting me to come. Well, seeing as how my hotel roomie is a beta member, there's a BIG chance I'll there. But I'll confirm later this week one way or another.

I have the bottle of Tequila waiting so you better be there

Well, with an offer like that, how can I refuse? BTW, I'm in. See y'all there. I look forward to meeting everyone.
Well, you can update that list to include me. I'm the roomie Erin was talking about, but there's one more person whose not a member so you can leave the +1 for her. And Erin, I hope you're planning on sharing some of that bottle of Tequila. :wink:

Can't wait to meet everyone.

Btw, I agree with Shampoo....I'm too paranoid to bring my cels.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

animeobsessed wrote:
Well, you can update that list to include me. I'm the roomie Erin was talking about, but there's one more person whose not a member so you can leave the +1 for her. And Erin, I hope you're planning on sharing some of that bottle of Tequila. :wink:

Can't wait to meet everyone.
1 Tequila 2 Tequila 3 Tequila, Floor :buds:

Look forward to seeing you there. :cheers
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Shampoo wrote: BTW Craig I'd personally love to see your KK cels! :love2
(havent forgotten since February lol)
But no pressure no pressure :emb /no1
Sure! Since I will be driving to AX, I'll bring a good selection of KK and some of my choice favorites. I hope that others will bring some cels to share as well. :)
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I don't have much to show off, but I'll bring a few items. Hopefully, after a day in exhibit hall, we'll all have something to crow about.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

They made an exception for you?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

OK folks, looks like we have our list. The Sushi Bar is pretty small, so try and show up at around 8pm. I'll be there at eight to set things up and get seats . They don't accept reservations, so it will be first come first served. See everyone there for sushi and sake!
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

rallihir wrote: Sure! Since I will be driving to AX, I'll bring a good selection of KK and some of my choice favorites. I hope that others will bring some cels to share as well. :)
I'll also have a pretty good selection of mine. There may not be much space while we are eating, but I hope we continue outside. :)
hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

Doh! Something just came up and I can't get out of it! :x Dammit! Have fun everyone! I'll miss having sushi and sake with you'all!!! :roll:
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I'm so sorry we couldn't get to meet you, Hanaeleh. There is always next year!

Shampoo and I took some great pics of the Beta gathering, so we'll have a really nice Beta gallery to share with everyone when we get back home. I am using my friend's computer right now, but I'll be home later tonight and should have my pics developed by wednesday. The gathering was a big success(in spite of many obstacles), with at least 15 people showing up(including a very jet-lagged Goldknight :ZzZz: ) We had sushi by the platefull, and everyone got to know eachother a lot better. We'll have to do it again next year.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

The gathering was a big success(in spite of many obstacles), with at least 15 people showing up(including a very jet-lagged Goldknight )

:emb :emb :emb You got that right! But I made it!!! :jump It was GREAT to get to meet everyone at both the beta and slugfest gathering! :)
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

The beta and Rs gathering were SOOOO much fun!!!

(i just got home-home about 20 mins ago LOL! :emb havent even unpacked yet but I just had to run to a comp as soon as I walked in!!)

It was so excitiing and wonderful to meet you all in person!!
I had an absolute blast and totally made the 4+ hr long lines and 7hr plane ride lol totally worth it!! /no1 :vict

*group glomp*
:friends:

Brian: LOL!!! :rollin Now why on Earth are ya torturing our poor "Elfsta" w/ that siggy quote silly! :wink: :D :D :D :D

Be back in a few hrs! Gotta unpack, upload, and post all the piccies!
:jump