Otakon anyone?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

sensei wrote:Could someone maybe volunteer to be a cel pit bull and watch what people are doing rather than look at cels? I have bad dreams about people slipping cels out of the cel book pockets when I'm distracted, and me not realizing it until much later.
Perhaps if there isn't one person who is completely willing to give up the experience of mingling and looking thought other cel books, I couple of us could take shifts. Ideally, there would be that disinterested person stuck there with a friend or spouse, but, if not, I don't think it would be fair for ask an actual collector to give up all the socializing. ^_^;

If someone out there does know someone who will be accompanying them, who has no interest in cels, but has always dreamed of being an authority figure, now is your chance to speak up. :)
yukineko
Kamisama - God

Post by yukineko »

I want to rope my boyfriend into keeping an eye on my cel book for the meeting, but if there's a panel he's interested in at the same time (like last year) I don't forsee that happening. ;)

(A bit off the topic but: Woo! Toshihiro Kawamoto! I wonder if he'll be doing signing? If so, maybe maybe I can get my Golden Boy cel signed! That would be neat. :D)
Curator of Random Things Cel Gallery
Luna Hoshino
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Luna Hoshino »

I'll be there as well. ^_^
Drax
Kamisama - God

Post by Drax »

Well, since my next vacation has been pushed to this week in August. perhaps i can take a red eye flight out there for a Sat./Sun. excursion. Would anyone be interested in sharing a room. I don't bite and the floor works for me. Actually I'd be totally lost at this con. I've never been to the northeast before. X| Let me know if this interests anyone.
yukineko
Kamisama - God

Post by yukineko »

Well, since my next vacation has been pushed to this week in August. perhaps i can take a red eye flight out there for a Sat./Sun. excursion. Would anyone be interested in sharing a room. I don't bite and the floor works for me. Actually I'd be totally lost at this con. I've never been to the northeast before. Let me know if this interests anyone.
Be aware-- there are murmurings that people think the amount of registrations will 'sell out' sometime on Saturday if you wait until you get to the door. There are 4750 left now as I type this.

Edit: Uh, I guess you'll HAVE to wait until you get to the door. Apparently they've stopped selling pre-regs. Oops.
Drax
Kamisama - God

Post by Drax »

Are you sure? I couldn't find any information on their site saying it. The links to register via credit card still work too.
yukineko
Kamisama - God

Post by yukineko »

Heh. It would help if I looked beyond the main page. They used to have a link to pre-reg at the top of the main page and now it just lists the amount of regs left.

So, it looks like pre-reg is available up until August 12th.
Drax
Kamisama - God

Post by Drax »

I knew it. You just don't want me to go. j/k
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Post by blueshinma »

So I got the times for the cel panel............. Saturday 8:30 to 9:30 I know, I'm sure it conflicts with either the cosplay or a concert :( I tried for Sunday morning but hey what can I do. The con schedule is still not up so there is still hope that everyone can come!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I have no idea what to say.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

blueshinma wrote:So I got the times for the cel panel............. Saturday 8:30 to 9:30
AM or PM? I assume from the rest of your note that it's PM, but just want to be sure.

EDIT: Nemmine: I see from the Panelists' info that it is PM. Sorry for the unnecessary post. :)
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Post by blueshinma »

Yes PM, And I forwarded the panel pack to you. Do you need av equipment again? We need to put in a request. Drop me a note :D
starlightx
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by starlightx »

Sounds really great. I really wish I could go espaically since it's somewhat close by; live in NYC.

But unfortunately I can't go; can't afford the hotel for that many days. Wish I new someone who lived in Baltimore so I could at their house & save the hotel money for cels.
iriairi

Post by iriairi »

Still, I would recommend you either carry your books with you as you visit other tables, or have a trusted friend watch over your books while you tour, and then return the favor for them. Smile
Frozentime, now I know why you wanted me to go... :P

[/scroll]
iriairi
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

iriairi wrote: Frozentime, now I know why you wanted me to go... :P

Okay..... so maybe that helps :dgrin .... but it isn't the only reason..... I also need someone to help keep me in line when I'm looking at cels in certain peoples collections. :wack

:P

Can't wait for the festivities to begin! :buds: