Otakon anyone?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
purple-plum
Kishin - Fierce God

Otakon anyone?

Post by purple-plum »

Is anyone going to otakon?
We're bringing the store there...so if anyone can tell me stuff about it that'd be great.

~kt
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

What do you need to know? The dealer's room is in a football-field-sized arena that is normally packed shoulder-to-shoulder with cosplaying young people trying not to bean each other with fake swords, wands, foam rubber waffles, etc. There's usually a big crush in front of the Anime Asylum booth caused by someone whose head and shoulders are stuck in the bargain box.

You can expect each one of the approximately 20,000 attendees to walk by your booth at least three times.

Practice saying "center ... focus" to yourself over and over.

And attend the cel collecting panel! I'll be there with a batch of sketches.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I'll be there. I know that Deanna has a cel panel in the works!
jaw271
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by jaw271 »

I will be there, itll be my first con :-)
Email: jwolfgang@hotmail.com

I know you want what's on my mind
I know you like what's on my mind
I know it eats you up inside
I know you know, you know
purple-plum
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by purple-plum »

yay! okee come visit the purple-plum booth and tell me you're an anime-beta member -_- ill be the short pudgy one holding all the money muah hahhaha moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

~kt
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Awww... several betarians attending Otakon and I won't be there. :( I'll be visiting San Francisco during Otakon this year...
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Yep the panel is all set!

Post by blueshinma »

All the paperwork is finally done for the panel so I hope everyone can make it. I believe it should be Sunday around 10am I'm not sure though they havn't posted the final schedual. I did ask though if there could be a Swap meet ish thing directly afterword, but I've had no responce on that. I was also thinking maybe could have "Slugfest East" We would be bereft of the Grand Poo Bah, but the east coast cel geeks need love too! I'm willing to donate my room (all by myself this year) to sitting around with cel books, crisp, cool adult bevies, and snacks if everyone promises not to leave pocky prints on any of my Miyu cels! I hoping not to have to put in so many hours at the booth this year, I would love to meet everyone under low stress conditions.
purple-plum
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by purple-plum »

oooooooo is there a cel gathering? can we meet after the dealer room closes? I have to work the whole con =(

~kt
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

wwwpurple-plumcom wrote:oooooooo is there a cel gathering? can we meet after the dealer room closes? I have to work the whole con =(
Awww...hopefully you'll be able to get away for a bit and enjoy what else the con has to offer. Like Blueshinma previously mentioned, Otakon simply assigns us a time-slot. And since cel collecting isn't the most popular event (although it should be!), we tend to get shafted. But it sounds as if she's also planning a get-together in her hotel room, so I'm sure that will be after-hours. :^^:

Deanna: have you thought about which evening you'd like to hold this get-together? My vote is Friday night. I'll bring some nice chilly beverages to share. :D
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Count me in for both the panel and "Slugfest East". :)

Deanna, I can help out with the beverages, but I may need you to point me out to a location with a good selection that is also within walking distance. I probably will not have transportation this year. Oh, and don't worry about the Pocky prints on the Miyu cels. That implies someone would be able to get them out of MY hands, and I promise to be Pocky free. :)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Yeah that's right. I cannot feel "worry", so don't worry.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
yukineko
Kamisama - God

Post by yukineko »

Just like last year, I'll be there for the official gathering! And bringing a fellow collector with me this time. :D
Curator of Random Things Cel Gallery
Mirai_Peorth
Senpai - Elder

Post by Mirai_Peorth »

I'd like to go, but I can't afford a room. Plane ticket and cab fare is fine, but the room will kill me, so I probably won't be able to go. ;_;
"Practice safe Zechs - Use a Gundam." - Unknown
jaw271
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by jaw271 »

My dad actually runs a chain of hotels and one is in b-more I can check to see if he can get some rooms if you like, he has done it for me in the past. what dates would you be in town?

that goes for anyone else as well
Email: jwolfgang@hotmail.com

I know you want what's on my mind
I know you like what's on my mind
I know it eats you up inside
I know you know, you know
Mirai_Peorth
Senpai - Elder

Post by Mirai_Peorth »

All 3 days of the con. @_@; But I'd need a really REALLY cheap deal. 3 days adds up quick at a con! Anime Boston showed me that!
"Practice safe Zechs - Use a Gundam." - Unknown