Ohayocon 06

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Well, there is a lot going on besides people watching, soda. :) Last year I also got to go to the concert (it was the guy who sings the theme song from Wolf's Rain and lots of the jazzy stuff from Cowboy Bebop and other shows) which was really good, and I also went to a panel discussion thingy about all the gundam series which was very interesting, and also a panel discussion with many voice actors from the Dragonball series and TMNT, and I also ran into the cute voice actor who does Duo from Gundam Wing. :) So I felt like I got my money's worth.

As additional bonus to getting my money's worth from convention activities was actually meeting someone from Beta in the flesh! Drax and I had a good time walking around together for a few hours... We dug through a million piles of cels and had fun sharing our comments. And it was fun having someone there to point and stare with! :D (The bravery of you guys who like to cosplay never ceases to amaze me!! :)) Well, actually it was just me staring and giggling a lot... Drax was calm cool and collected while looking at all those amazingly costumed people! 'Course he wasn't with me when I ran into the gal wearing nothing but small strips of faux fur!! A few strategically placed strips of fur in January in Ohio was crazy, if you ask me... I reeeeaally needed to have Drax or you there to see if you guys could NOT stare! I couldn't help myself!! :D But that was my very first time attending an anime convention, so I hope I can compose myself a bit better this time! ;)

After they get around to posting the events for this year, take a look and see if there isn't something that strikes your fancy. It would be fun if you could come! You too, Zag! I know where the food court is and would gladly meet you there for some lunch or something!
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

Hehe. I WILL be there this time. I owe y'all for last-year. O_O Can't believe I've been on here that long. May bring a tag-a-long. :D We shall see.

Can't say I'm terribly excited about it though. (cept for meeting you two, of course :D) They're INCREDIBLY unorganized this year. I've completely given-up the idea of getting a booth. Horrible with getting infop up, dealer coordinator is completely unreachable, it's ridiculous.

ANYHOOO. . .

Shellie, I'll pm ya my new cel number.
"You have to keep your whits about you when you're losing your mind." - a friend

:P
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Yay kis!! I'm so glad you're going to come! Yes, I can tell by a few of the threads on the Ohayocon site that there have been some major shake-ups there... I hope everything settles in to place soon. Especially in the dealer's room!! I want lots of good dealers!!! I forgot that that was one of the major highlights from last year too... getting to wander around oggling all the wild and interesting STUFF. I've never seen the like. Well, if you aren't stuck in a booth for the whole thing, at least you can wander around with us for awhile if you want to! :)
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Would a lunch on the Southwest side of town throw a kink in your plans? Either Saturday or Sunday?
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

I'm up for it. :D
"You have to keep your whits about you when you're losing your mind." - a friend

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Why are you up for it.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

Well cloud, cause I've been asking soda to have lunch with me for damned near a year now.

soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

FYI: I'm totally shaving my head now with a blade. You and your bald man fetish might need to sit at the other end of the table or I'll wear a hat like the one I posted in my personal album.

j/k of course... I only jest because I know you like it.

Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

haha! Howsabout I leave you and kis to make lunch plans... I'd hate to horn in on a lunch that has been a whole year in the making! ;)

And even though my lack of any bald-man fetish may make me a much more boring companion, I will be driving through southwest Columbus on my way in to the convention and I'd be more than happy to meet you somewhere for breakfast if you'll be in town that early (like around 9:00 or 9:30).

I still think it would be more fun if you'd just come to the convention. I'm sure you've blown 45bucks in dumber ways! C'mon... you know you wanna! :)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

""? Do I want to do it? . And I know it.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
marshallbanana2

Post by marshallbanana2 »

Yeah, though most of the discussion on this topic seems to have died down, I must still comment.

I will be there. Moral imperative. (I have to pay off my debts!) I will be, once again, working at the Asylum Anime tables.

Curt has indicated to me that cels will go to the show, including some stuff that has yet to make it the web site.

Just thought this would be an appropriate place to mention this.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

:yay This is DEFINITELY the place to mention that, MB2!! :D Digging through all those cels Curt brought was one of the highlights of Ohayocon for me last year! Glad you are attending... Will your badge say "marshallbanana" so we know it's you? :)
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Soda - will you come if pudgey goes?? :yay
Oh and Shellie - you are still younger then me. :nya:
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

don't tease me...

Are you coming or not?

Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

No I am staying here .
-I, Robot (Asimov)