Ohayocon 06

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Drax
Kamisama - God

Ohayocon 06

Post by Drax »

Here's the question. Anyone attending Ohayocon 2006 in Columbus Ohio? The con will be from Jan. 6-8.

http://www.ohayocon.com/

The reason I ask, this con will be one of two chances to bring along more cels than i usally bring. I like admiring other ppl's cels collections and dont mind sharing my own. :)
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

I have to work! :bawl
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

OK, better get busy.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

I'm so glad you posted this Draxy... I had forgotten that Ohayocon was so close to the beginning of the year! And YES! I am definitely planning on going, at least on Saturday. I didn't see any daily schedule posted yet... as I recall, they didn't publish that until like 2 days before the convention last time. But I would love to meet you somewhere again this year! And I'd love to see your cels if you don't mind dragging them along.

Yay! Now I'm excited! I didn't realize that convention fun was this close!! :yay See you there!!
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Is that on the North, South, East or West side of Columbus? Or is it downtown?

$45 at the door? Not sure it's worth it.....
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

Can't go to this one, but I can't wait for the Boston one.

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

It's at the Convention Center/Hyatt in the north Downtown area. Pretty easy to get to really, even from Cinci. :)

And, yah, I think $45 is steep for one day. As I recall, I think there was a one-day rate that I paid last year that was only like 15 or 20 bucks. I think I will send in my reg tomorrow (it's $40 if you preregister), then I'll blow the extra 5 bucks on something stupid like a gundam keychain. :D ( < My only souvenir from last year. Draxy dropped millions on beautiful cels, and I bought a gundam keychain! hahaaaha! Well, I did spend some money on Godzilla items for the boys too.) Even though I think $40 is steep for one day's attendance, I think you would have fun just walking around, soda. Just to do some major people watching was worth the price of admission.
Drax
Kamisama - God

Post by Drax »

Shellie, I'd be so miserable if you forgot about the con. Your Spike cels have been talking about you ever since they eyed you at the last con. :wink: If the con fee is too steep, is there a restaurant or something nearby that you'd want to go to instead? I'm going to the con because of the length of the drive. Plus I need my con fix.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

You're a peach, Draxy! Just cuz I'm such a cheapskate, I do wish they had a one-day registration rate ... but I sent in my 40 bucks today, so I'm a'comin'! :D :yay Yay! Can't wait!

When it gets closer to the day, we'll have to arrange a meeting spot. Should be easier to find each other this time... we won't have to keep talking on our cell phones until we see someone mouthing the words we're hearing on the other end of the call! :) heehee! (That was a pretty fun way to meet, though! ;))
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Maybe you should ask someone older.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

HAHA! But there aren't too many people here who ARE older than I am, Cloud darling!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Umm. Where are they?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Well, let's see... Kay is probably putting her kids to bed, and Glorff is probably still at work... and I think there may be a couple others older too, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.
Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

Gee, I could give you guys all the dirt on O-con, since I was staff for a couple years untill this one. But I guess that would be petty. XD
Mmm, I'd love to admire cels / share my own, but attending O-con and dragging the kids just for that...
Maybe I'll just hang out in the food court or something, and be a cheapskate. XD
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

From my house to the convention center, it's about 100 miles as the maps.google.com crow flies. That's kinda far for must walking around and looking at people.

I'll mull it over.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!