Ohayocon 06

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

Huh.. I wonder if I could sneak my way in later tonight on the strength of being former staff..
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

Shellie: Sorry to hear about the "no cels", but I'm sure you got to oogle some nice cosplayers (Man-Faye) lol
On a serious note, I'm glad you got to go :)

Zag, I wish you luck! Go in ninja style! Image

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

Man-Fae is bad, but in year 03, there was a cosplayer who was dressed as skinny Majin Buu. ... only.. the pink tenticle thing on his head...

... he used... I swear to god... a vibrator.

There was also a Kuja from FF9 who obviously worked out.. down there.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Don't know quite where to start with a brief con report... I'm sure Drax and MB can tell you now from personal experience that I talk a mile-a-minute, so I shouldn't have TOO much trouble coming up with something to say! :D The best part by far was sitting behind Asylum's booth and looking through MarshallBanana and Drax's cel books. They both have stunning collections!! It was wonderful to flip through the pages and listen to both of them talk about why they loved each of their cels. I've never had the pleasure of actually sitting down with another collector before, so it was a real treat for me to be with both of them. (And it gave me my "con cel fix" which I was sorely lacking since there were no other cels anywhere on the premises! Yah, I'm still whinin' about that! heehee!)

One of the things I did there that I've never done before in my life was stand in line to get someone's autograph. I've always considered that kinda silly... but for some reason I just felt compelled to have Johnny Yong Bosch sign one of my Wolf's Rain things and one of my Soukyuu No Fafner books since he voiced my favorite characters from both those shows. (I would have had him sign a Trigun thing too if I owned one, but unfortunately I don't. :l ) Well, after standing in a stupidly long line (probably not long at all to those of you who attend the really big cons! :)) they led us into a big room with 4 voice actors there. What I didn't realize is that they were all sitting at the same table and you had to file past each of them! I was going to have to walk right past 3 other wonderful people to get to Johnny. X| Couldn't do that, even though I didnt' know them from Adam. (They were DBZ people: Chris Sabat, Mike McFarland and Laura Bailey) So I whipped out my Ohayocon program when I got to the front of the table, and the three I didn't know were HILARIOUS. I talked to Laura for a minute (who said she loved my voice and I should do voice work! HA!!! Not likely. I did tell her that my husband is in radio and I used to get all the elf parts on the Christmas commercials because of my high giggly voice. heehee! She loved that.) Then Chris Sabat wanted to feel my furry scarf (which almost matched his, ironically enough! :D) and Mike wrote something funny which I can't remember right now that went along with the pic on the program I sheepishly had handed them. .... Then I finally got to Johnny (who doesn't look a day older than he did 10 years ago when he played the black Power Ranger! :)) and I pulled out my Wolf's Rain production art and he said "Whoooooaaah! Where'd you get THIS??" and everyone at the table stopped to take a look at my stuff from Bones studio. (I was grinning like a Cheshire cat I'm sure.) Since I had grabbed stuff and ran out the door early that morning, I had my whole sleeve of WR production stuff, and I pulled out the one I decided I would allow him to write on (giggle!) and he saw the even better ones underneath... he said "oooh, lovely! do you want me to sign them all?" My mind yelled "NOOOOO! HANDS OFF MY PRECIOUS ART!" but my public relations self said to him "oh, no, thank you... that would hold up the line too long." :D But anyway, I asked if I could take his picture and since I felt stupidly fangirlish by then I just took my stuff and bolted! But it was fun. I also went to an informal panel where Johnny took questions from people, and he did a few Vash lines (He yelled "Love and Peace!" and did the wild Vash laugh, which I thoroughly enjoyed I must admit).

I also attended an Inuyasha panel for about 10 minutes, just so I could stare at Scott McNeil for you, Duo! :D I took a picture, but my camera is dying a slow painful death, so I think all my con pics are very dark. I got brave enough to take a few photos of cosplayers.... I did it without even giggling too much this year! ;) There was a MASSIVE final fantasy gathering that I took pics of... and there were lots of interesting interesting costumes of characters I don't know. I wish more of you were with me so I could have asked you guys who these costumed people were portraying!

Anyway, I'm rambling way too long. I guess you can tell I had a fun time. I wish some of you who were considering going could have been there too... that's the only thing that could have made it better! :)
Last edited by shellie on Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Would you like to know? Somewhat. You are asking me where you start with a brief con report? Do you think I should know start with a brief con report?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

shellie wrote:I just felt compelled to have Johnny Yong Bosch sign . . . .

Then I finally got to Johnny (who doesn't look a day older than he did 10 years ago when he played the black Power Ranger! :)) . . . .

I also went to an informal panel where Johnny took questions from people, and he did a few Vash lines (He yelled "Love and Peace!" and did the wild Vash laugh, which I thoroughly enjoyed I must admit).
Woah. 8O Hold on a minute. Okay, I'll admit that I never pay attention to names of actors or vas, but Vash is the black Power Ranger?! As you can tell from my age, I was a kid when the Power Rangers were "all that," so all I can say is, "wow!!!" You just totally knocked me out of my chair, Shellie. 8O :D
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

'Tis true, klet! Johnny/Vash was Adam, the black power ranger! Glad I could provide you with your *gasp!* moment for the day! :D

Thought I would put a couple things in here just for the few people who enquired. (Everyone else can just move on to another thread now... nothing interesting for you here!! :)) Here are a couple photos of Scott McNeil for Duo. Sorry they are so bad... I handed someone my camera and said take a pic of me giving Scott a hug so I can show it to a friend of mine who is a big fan. So I went up and asked if I could give him a hug for a friend...,
Oh, and by the way, that really isn't me grabbing ahold of Scott McNeil. :D *gigglegigglegiggle* Remember... I'm the gal who was too embarassed to even ask for a PHOTO before now... You really think I'm brave enough to go up and GRAB one of 'em??? I think not! Just a little on-line foolery for Duo since very few of you actually know what I look like! ;) heeee!

Then here is the little piece of fan art I picked up. I know quite a few of my buddies right here on Beta are better artists, but for some reason this thing grabbed me. A couple girls were sitting behind a table and were coloring away on heavy cardstock...I had walked by them earlier and enjoyed watching them draw. Then when Drax and I were taking another browse around, this item was sitting on the top of the stack. I love the colors and the movement in the piece, and I haven't seen other fan art pieces done of this particular scene before. What really got me was when I picked it up, Shishio's sword is painted with metallic silver, so it shines and glints when you move it. As soon as we saw the glinting sword, from beside me Drax says, "Oooooooh, shiiiiiney!... You neeed it!" :D heehee! How'd he get to know me so well in only a couple hours?? ;) He was right; I did need it. So it was the only thing I actually purchased (other than parking and a chicken sandwich) at Ohayocon.

Last edited by shellie on Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

shellie wrote:I also attended an Inuyasha panel for about 10 minutes, just so I could stare at Scott McNeil for you, Duo!
*fangirl screams*

YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :jump :jump :jump :jump

You're so sweet! :friends:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

heehee! No problem. It was fun! Sorry that his eyes were closed in the first shot... I couldn't tell in my little digital monitor. (A new camera will be on my birthday wish list for sure!) As I quickly discovered, Scott is the dude all the fangirls looooove to fawn over. The girl hanging on him (who is NOT me, just for the record again! :D) went up front when the panel discussion was supposed to be starting and just grabbed onto him! And even when the guy who was the director of the English version (a Japanese man whose name escapes me at the moment) asked everyone to take a seat so they could start, she just kept on a'glompin' him. :? Very annoying. So I couldn't get a good pic of Scott by himself, cuz she was glued to his back. But I guess you still can see him. So my mission for Duo was successful. :) The thing that made me laugh right out loud was when he did a Kouga line, about 20 girls literally squeeled! Cracked me up! Right then, I really really wished you were with me because I would have enjoyed seeing the huge smile on your face, I'm sure! :) (And maybe you would have made it 21 squeeling girls! ;)) Glad you enjoyed the pic.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

shellie wrote:'Tis true, klet! Johnny/Vash was Adam, the black power ranger! Glad I could provide you with your *gasp!* moment for the day! :D
Ah . . . the second black Power Ranger. :) Yes, I did love them as a kid, so . . .

I was even the pink Ranger one Halloween . . . shhh! Don't tell.
shellie wrote:Oh, and by the way, that really isn't me grabbing ahold of Scott McNeil. :D *gigglegigglegiggle*
Well, you only ever posted one picture of yourself (says the girl who hasn't posted any), but I looked at those and tried to see if you were on the other side of the pink-haired girl or something. Then I started thinking: Weeeell, maybe she put on some weight and, umm, dyed her hair pink? :?

*giggle* I wonder what your boys would say if they came home to a mommy with pink hair! :P I'd do it just for the looks on their faces. :wink: The temporary stuff only, of course. :roll: