Katsucon 06?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Then don't be.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Katrina
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Katrina »

Um, did I say something to get everybody mad at me? I really didn't mean it. Rei, I couldn't resond to your PM because you have me on your ignore list. I'm *really* sorry if anyone waited for me or anything. I got so completely lost in DC I didn't make it in until 10, and I figured by that point people were either gone or asleep.

If I offended anyone or made anyone wait, I'm sorry. I'm not sure what I can say or do beyond that. /sob
Book + Baby
http://katrinasforest.blogspot.com My adventure of trying to write a novel with a newborn.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

You really do? What did you mean?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Katrina
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Katrina »

I'm not sure what you mean. If you're asking if I'm really sorry, then the answer is yes. What I meant by my last post before the con was that it was because I was traveling from a distance that I would be in late. It wasn't supposed to be rude or arrogant, I was just trying to point out that rather than accodate people who were coming from a distance, having it earlier might hinder them from coming.

That's really all I meant.
Book + Baby
http://katrinasforest.blogspot.com My adventure of trying to write a novel with a newborn.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

It was great to see everyone again! Thanks for coming -- it was wonderful seeing such gorgeous cels all in one place. :D

Sorry that you got lost and couldn't come, Katrina. And no worries: I'm not mad at you.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Well, I for one was sorry that you could not make it. It took awhile to get started, and I had to leave early (because I was staying with a friend and had to take the Metro out to the suburbs, then drive the rest of the way, about an hour and a half all told). I do know that a good time was had between about 8:30 and ten, though I could only bring a very few cels with me.

My thanks to Brenda for taking the initiative: perhaps if I can continue my PT contact with George Mason, we could try to upgrade next year to a formal panel. Perhaps that could get Katrina and others together with less trouble.

I liked the relatively smaller size of this con, which made it easier to catch up with some of my friends and acquaintances. The AMVs were pretty good and gave me the impression that Utena is still considered very hot in the DC area (alongside Wolf's Rain).

I did wish that the screenings could have been better during the time I was there. I saw some pretty dreadful series ("Hakugei: The Legend of The Moby Dick" set a new low for me) and quite a few trailers for others that weren't much better. Thankfully, I got to see "My Neighbor Totoro" the last thing before I had to head home Saturday ... the only anime I heard actually applauded by its audience. There were some interesting screenings set for later on (I wish I could have stayed for "Petit Cossette") but overall the scheduling seemed unadventurous.

Watch for an update soon with my Katsugloms, though probably not before this time next week (lots of paper too ... and two new galleries).