Katsucon 06?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Katsucon 06?

Post by sensei »

A chance remark alerted me to the fact that, since I'm going to be in the DC area for one or two nights a week starting later this month (to teach a course on folklore and anime at George Mason), I'll be able to attend Katsucon (Washington DC, Feb. 17-19) this year. Is anyone else going? Does anyone want to set up an informal meeting of cel/sketch collectors?

/eyes:

Best part of it: Lent comes late this year, and there's a chance I'll get my first royalty check for Il Grande Libro del Diavolo before I go!

ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Yep, I'll be there. I look forward to seeing your cels again, sensei!

And since Katsucon was mean and wouldn't let me run a cel panel this year, is anyone interested in having an informal cel gathering?
cgscelgallery
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by cgscelgallery »

I'm only going to be there Saturday only. Hope to some of you there.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Re: Katsucon 06?

Post by syan »

I'll be there. Have to figure if I want a weekend pass or just Saturday.
sensei wrote:A chance remark alerted me to the fact that, since I'm going to be in the DC area for one or two nights a week starting later this month (to teach a course on folklore and anime at George Mason)
Yeesh, you're going to be traveling back and forth to Fairfax...WEEKLY?!?! Good luck with that alone! :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Why do you have to do it?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

But I don't have to do it Cloud.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Huh. It must be nice.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Oh it is, it is. 8)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Can you explain how it feels to be 8 years old?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

It's pretty care free and fun, but with 8 year old stresses.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Cloud wrote:Why do you have to do it?
A college professor's gotta do what a college professor's gotta due. As I told one of my colleagues who asked the same question, "When am I ever going to get the chance to teach a course like this ever again in my life?" Carpe diem.

Besides, I have some friends in the area who will put me up for a night, and let me poke through their manga/anime collections. :)
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

I don't know for sure just yet. It's possible I'll be in Asia at that time, but I think I'm going to be back in town just in time. If so, and I can get a cheap ticket, I'm going to try to make it. ^_^;
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Would you like to know? It's only just begun.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Cloud wrote:Would you like to know? It's only just begun.
I certainly would. This last minute travel scheduling can get a little frustrating. ;)
Katrina
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Katrina »

I'm going to Katsucon with my anime club. Just name the time and place - I'd love to get together to look at cels. ^_^

Just not during the AMV contest, k? :wink:
Book + Baby
http://katrinasforest.blogspot.com My adventure of trying to write a novel with a newborn.