Anime Boston 2006?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
SilentBidder
Anime Geek

Anime Boston 2006?

Post by SilentBidder »

I was wondering if anyone is going to Anime Boston 2006 over the May 26th weekend? I was curious to hear how large it was and if people thought it was worth going to. I know it's at the Hynes Convention Center, so it's probably a decent size, but I'd really be going for the cels if I decide to go back there.
Requiem
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Requiem »

I went there the first year and left because the line to get IN was 2 hours long. For the 15 minutes or so I waited, I did see someone walk by with a cel portfolio. But um, if you want to know how the cel stuff is, track down Drac. She lives around here too, almost certainly has gone at least once. There's an anime store based in the area that sells cels too, nothing impressive that I've ever seen, but they'll prob'ly be there. Don't think they have an online shop.

As for me, I offered to do a fan cel workshop and one of the organizers said 'isn't that the same thing as photoshop? We already have one of those' (she was corrected by someone else before I got to her, but still--probably not a good sign re cel-centricity)
Mirai_Peorth
Senpai - Elder

Post by Mirai_Peorth »

I shall be there... working at the Asylum booth. :)
"Practice safe Zechs - Use a Gundam." - Unknown