CLAMP Coming to Anime-EXPO!

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I told my roomie about how they're signed up as guests for AX, and she's already contemplating getting her parents to pay for us to go. X| Something tells me she might be able to do it, though. She's got an gift. 8O

But I've got a couple of cheap CLAMP cels they could sign--some CCS, and also some CCD. Hmmm . . . I definately don't have any spare acetate, though.

We'll see. If my roommate is triumphant, I'll be going. If not, there's no way I'd have the money to go.
Ms. Poe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Ms. Poe »

Well, if you plan on keeping the cel forever...Then I don't think it matters. People in the past have always laid a piece of acetate over the top if getting the cel itself signed. If CLAMP says yes to signing my Tsubasa cel...I'm gonna get it directly onto the cel I think ^_^!

And, decreasing the value...Not always. And...This is CLAMP. I think getting ALL of their sigs on something would seriously increase the value.
Image Image
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Figures, doesn't it... after I've decided not to go this year after all, primarily due to lack of anything I want to see aside from cosplayers and neat anime stuff to buy.

:P

Oh well. It's not like I'm missing Midorikawa Hikaru or someone of the male persuasion! :D :D
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters
kawaii-clamp-fan
Kamisama - God

Post by kawaii-clamp-fan »

Elfstalker wrote:
Kawaii: Depending on how AX plans to handle the autograph session, we can bring an extra manga or pencilboard for them to sign for you. :)
That would be fab! We'll wait and see how they do things ^^
'I beg of you, Please Save Sakura!' - Tsubasa ^_^

http://fuu.rubberslug.com
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

That's so cool that they're coming! 8) Makes me wanna go. I'm still undecided.

As far as signing cels, I'm with a lot of other people here. Get them to sign a different layer unless you plan on keeping it forever. I refuse to buy cels that are signed. To me, they're not worth as much. Everything I have signed, I have memories attached to. Signed cels from other collectors have no memories for me attached to them. It just screams "Hey! Someone else met so and so but I didn't." :roll:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

As soon as I heard the news about CLAMP, I seriously started to consider going to AX this year. And then after a couple of hours of browsing hotels in the area and thinking about it, I realized that... AX is going to be insane this year. It's been getting bigger and bigger, and this year is going to be absolutely nuts. I don't think I would have fun. What are the odds of me getting to meet, or even see CLAMP? How many lines would I have to wait on, how many lotteries would I have to stress through? What fun is that? If this had happened several years ago, I would have jumped at the opportunity. Now? The more I think of it, the less fun it seems. Do I want to spend hundreds of dollars on hotels and airfair and vacation days to sit in a stuffy hotel or convention hall with tens of thousands of other people on the extremely slim chance that I might get a glimpse of CLAMP? I guess I've answered my own question. I do want to go to a convention this year - I'm thinking AWA since I've heard that it's a really fun convention. Even without CLAMP, I think I might enjoy it more.

But it would have been nice to get an autograph. I've been a big fan of their work for a very long time.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I love the huge-ness, the craziness of it all. AX is my only vacation and I'm gonna enjoy it. Even the LONG, sweltering lines; I'll grin and bear it.

I'm going to AX to meet ppl I've only seen online. Plus, it'll be my time to cosplay and attend my first ball-jointed doll panel. Learning that CLAMP is going to be there sweetens the pot of insanity that is AX. Even though the lines will be horrendously long, and the chances of getting an autograph tiny, it's STILL a chance. I won't be alone, a group of Betarians/Sluggers will be there with me, so the wait will be fun.

Yes, AX is crowded, messy, and exhausting, but it's only 4 days out of the year. My only fun time. So I'll enjoy every minute of it. :wink:
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

jcaliff wrote:As soon as I heard the news about CLAMP, I seriously started to consider going to AX this year. And then after a couple of hours of browsing hotels in the area and thinking about it, I realized that... AX is going to be insane this year. It's been getting bigger and bigger, and this year is going to be absolutely nuts. I don't think I would have fun. What are the odds of me getting to meet, or even see CLAMP? How many lines would I have to wait on, how many lotteries would I have to stress through? What fun is that? If this had happened several years ago, I would have jumped at the opportunity. Now? The more I think of it, the less fun it seems. Do I want to spend hundreds of dollars on hotels and airfair and vacation days to sit in a stuffy hotel or convention hall with tens of thousands of other people on the extremely slim chance that I might get a glimpse of CLAMP? I guess I've answered my own question. I do want to go to a convention this year - I'm thinking AWA since I've heard that it's a really fun convention. Even without CLAMP, I think I might enjoy it more.

But it would have been nice to get an autograph. I've been a big fan of their work for a very long time.
At least this year, EXPO is going to try to get pre-registration badges. If you are looking for less expensive flights, sometimes Southwest has some great deals between Houston and Southern California. If I can get the EXPO committee to let us have a cel panel, there would at least be a gathering point as well. I just can't miss CLAMP when they are in California. The only other way I would get to meet them is to make a special trip to Japan when they are doing an exhibition. That would be even more $$$ than EXPO, but if I go to Japan, at least I'd get to do some vacation and cel shopping :)
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

that's cool that there gonna be at expo.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I hear they're not doing tickets for autographs anymore. Those who want an autograph line up for one. Although, it's not guaranteed that CLAMP will even be at the autograph session. I bought a train ticket home in case they do show up; in which case I'll be willing to stay an extra day.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Yes, unless someone has inside information, it will be difficult to tell if CLAMP will be at the autograph session. I'll certainly be keeping my ears open. The standard is that the autograph sessions are the perogative of the GOH. There is no requirement to attend. CLAMP has attended such events in the past. In fact the two signed works that I have were from special promotionals that they attended, of course, those were in 1996 and at the time, they weren't the sensations they are now.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
kawaii-clamp-fan
Kamisama - God

Post by kawaii-clamp-fan »

I know its a little early - but everyone who is going to AX to see Clamp - Have fun!!! I wish I could go too :) I'd just die for a signature ^^;;

Have fun minna!! :)
'I beg of you, Please Save Sakura!' - Tsubasa ^_^

http://fuu.rubberslug.com