Slugfest 2!!

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Elfstalker wrote:Well, I got confirmation of the time and date for another panel I'm interested in attending. Unfortinately, it's happening at the time the cel panel is (8-8:50pm Saturday). So I won't be able to make it to the cel panel, unless both panels are right next door from each other!

BUT I will make it to Slugfest. I'm still correct in assuming that Slugfest at 9PM on Saturday is the preferred time.

After my final and other school issues are resolved, I'll resume the search for a restaurant location.
Dang, it looks like we'll miss each other at the cel panel unless you joust want to come for the first part, otherwise I'll see you at the RS gathering. I just received confirmation as well about the cel panel time. The panel definitely be at 7:30 to 8:30 pm on Saturday July 1st. I confirmed Ron Stark from SR Labs to give a quick discussion about cel conservation. Hopefully Elfstalker or JWR can find a good restaurant with a big back room for our continued RS gathering after the cel panel. Hope to see everyone at AX.

PS: The room for the cel panel will be LIVE PROGRAMMING #2
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

OK i know i'm really new here, but after trying to make sense of this thread, I've reached the conclusion that there still isn't a designated time or place for this gathering. Also that only 4 people might actually go, since people say they will go and then now they can't.

I'm interested in meeting everyone, but I don't know where or when.
Is there a place that this is being worked out on RubberSlug that I can go check out?
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

miz ducky wrote:OK i know i'm really new here, but after trying to make sense of this thread, I've reached the conclusion that there still isn't a designated time or place for this gathering. Also that only 4 people might actually go, since people say they will go and then now they can't.

I'm interested in meeting everyone, but I don't know where or when.
Is there a place that this is being worked out on RubberSlug that I can go check out?
I'm pretty sure we have a time, I think the question is location. To my understanding the event will take place just after the cel panel.

I can't say for sure just how many people will show, but I know that there are at least four people attending in my group alone. It's just that not everyone posts in this forum.
Ms. Poe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Ms. Poe »

I'll be there =)! Have you guys figured out a restaraunt to meet at yet? I think the biggest problem will be transportation ^_^;! I think Denny's or something would be an OK place to meet...But a place that served the "booze" would be better...Maybe even a lil' sushi ^_^?! Since I arrive on the 29th...Maybe I can walk around and do some scouting?
Image Image
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Well I'm late on this, but I'm defintiely in for slugfest and the cel panel. :jump[/url]
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I believe that the current plan for RS is to meet after the cel panel and go to a local restaurant by 9:00 pm for late dinner/dessert and continuing sharing cels. There are many local restaurants in the Anaheim area. The most important issue is carpooling and getting headcount for reserving a private room. If we can get at least 20 people, I think we could reserve a room. I'll try to think up a few restaurants not too far from the convention center and discuss this with Elfstalker and JWR. Has anyone started putting together an RSVP list yet?

PS: If you have any questions for Ron Stark of SR labs in the cel panel, please see the thread in the con/gatherings section of Beta. I'm still collecting questions.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

More than a million?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

We are still checking out restaurants for it's hard to find one thats willing to have a large group that late and stays open long enough for our group to have fun , share cels and such in addition to those that wish to eat.

We will post the info here and on RS as soon as finalized. I plan to take another roadtrip this weekend to do more scouting.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Do you think that this plan will succeed?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Just thought I'd share that at least more than one large cosplay group (20+ people) are planning on going to Denny's that evening, so maybe we should cross that off our list of restaurants.

Sarah - I'll be in town on the 29th, too. We can form a scouting party and hunt down a good restaurant together! :P
JWR

Post by JWR »

After many phone calls and 2 road trips, We have decided to hold this years Slugfest at the same place we had last years. J.T. Schmids. http://www.jtschmids.com/

They are open till midnite , will give us our own area without requiring a large deposit.

So Plans Are Set.

Slugfest 2 will be 9:00pm - Midnight (or as long as those wish to stay)
The Cel panel ends at 8:30pm.

I'll have room for 3 in my car and hope others will have cars to help transport like last year.

I look forward to seeing all of you there , those who wish to, bring your cels to share.

Contact me via email or PM so I can give them a estimate by the 28th. If anyone can drive post here.

Ok list so far...

JWR - 2
Blueheaven - 1
Rheytarian - 2
Goldknight - 1
Backlot - 2
Reithejelly - 3
Foechadan - 4
ConfuseMoogle - 2
Rallihir - 1
Kitt - 1
Crystal - 1
Xelloss - 1
Nida - 1
Frozentime - 3
Iriani - 1
Jenn B - 1
Syan - 3
Ms Poe - 2
Anime Obsessed - 1

for a total so far of 33
If for any reason I you can't make it or plan to add or bring less let me know.
Last edited by JWR on Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
JWR

Post by JWR »

Yes

Now there is nothing to prevent others from getting together with one another during AX including when you arrive. This is just the "somewhat organized" get together.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

A bit of news:

The cel panel will be taking place in LP2, Room 304.

Here's the link for the programming schedule. http://anime-expo.org/downloads/program ... ming_1.gif

Since my doll panel is next door (room 303), it looks like I will be able to drift in and out of both panels. Yay! :D

So if anyone wants to see dolls in anime cosplay, feel free to come into room 303 and say 'hi.' I'll be dressed up as Tifa from FF: AC. 8)
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Thanks for the schedule link! I didn't even know that they put up a schedule. This will be most helpful.

...Art of Glowsticking........?

um is glowstick still a noun? nevermind, i won't think about it too hard I promise.

ACK!!! I never even thought about it. The AMV contest! dang it.
I wanted to go meet you all and learn about cels and stuff ( <- total newbie), and then go hang out with new friends and food.
It looks like I'll be locked up in a dark room at that time though.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Poe and I have decided to make a sign so our fellow Sluggers and Betarians can spot us in the humongous line for the CLAMP panel.

Look for the Lobster sign! Yup, we're gonna make a sign with a lobster on one side and 'Rubberslug/Beta' on the other. Feel free to sit with us, since our goal is to make a mob of cel fans. :)

Bringing snacks and drinks to share is highly encouraged. Games, ipods, manga, and the inflatable hammer is suggested. Watch out for plushie lobsters, you may even catch Poe walking her pet lobster on a leash! 8)
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com