Slugfest 2!!

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Agrees with frozentime. If no conflicts - I'm in!! :wink:
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

**edit**

Looks like Saturday afternoon Slugfest won't work due to schedule conflicts. We'll go ahead and make plans for a LATE Saturday Slugfest (9PM), right after the cel panel.

Joe and I are still scouting for restaurants, which will be nearby from the con center. If we do need to drive, it won't be more than a few minutes and we can offer rides to those who need it.

(^o^)
Last edited by Elfstalker on Tue May 09, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Probably too early for me to make it, but we will have to see :wink:
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

*shyly raises hand*
Ermmm...depending on the time, I can probably join in too.

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

I don't mind a start before the cel panel, but we need to be sure that the CLAMP panel will be over and that the dealer's room will be closed down. Quite a few collectors will be working that day at the con and we don't want to exclude them. Obviously there will be so much going on that we can't accommodate everyone, but these two events would tap off a high percentage of people who would otherwise attend.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I thought that the CLAMP panel is in the morning of Saturday? Am I mistaken? That should keep the afternoon and evening clear for our plans.

The autograph session will be on Tuesday, and I hear that CLAMP may or may not participate. I sorely hope they do!! My Hinoto doll wants her butt signed.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Elfstalker wrote:I thought that the CLAMP panel is in the morning of Saturday? Am I mistaken?

The autograph session will be on Monday, and I hear that CLAMP may or may not participate. I sorely hope they do!! My Hinoto doll wants her butt signed.
The official site doesn't list a time, but it lists the event as being in the afternoon.

Good luck with the signing! I'm sure CLAMP would get a kick out of that. :)
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

My bad, the autograph session is on Tuesday, not Monday.

I hope the AX staff decides on a time for the CLAMP panel. I hate the anticipation of not knowing. X|

Cel Gallery
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I honestly think you should sit down, take a stress pill, and calmly think things over.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Look 8 posts up.

We're aiming for a late Slugfest, Saturday at 9PM.

At this late hour, our choices of restaurants are limited. Anyone have ideas? Denny's may not be as packed this late, so that could be a choice. Anyone else? :)

Cel Gallery
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

There could be a few others.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I just wanted to double cover this post...

Cel Collectors Panel:

The consensus seems to be 7:30 pm on Saturday July 1st, so I have asked the AX panel committee for a time of 7:30. This will give us enough time for the RS gathering afterward. I will let you know when this is confirmed. Also, I have confirmed with Ron Stark at SR Labs that he will take part in a discussion of anime art conservation during the cel panel. So, come with your questions and your damaged artwork. He may be able to give some useful tips for archival storage and restoration of your artwork.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
iriairi

Post by iriairi »

I am in too!
iriairi
nukukun

Restaurant's around the Anaheim Convention Center

Post by nukukun »

Here's a PDF map of what's nearby:
http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/ ... stshop.pdf

The Coco's on Katella is open until midnight.

Hope this helps you out!
Elfstalker wrote:Look 8 posts up.

We're aiming for a late Slugfest, Saturday at 9PM.

At this late hour, our choices of restaurants are limited. Anyone have ideas? Denny's may not be as packed this late, so that could be a choice. Anyone else? :)
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

I'm not sure I'm familiar enough with the restaurants in the area, but, after looking at the map, I would hope that there is a consensus to exclude Tony Roma's from consideration. The reason should be obvious. :)

I'm not too particular, but I hope we can find a place that has some half-way decent vegetable and good beer. :cheers