Slugfest 2!!

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why we are changing locations from last year? Is the goal to find a location within walking/stumbling distance, or were there logistical difficulties last year. I had a schedule conflict last year and couldn't make it, but sounded like everyone had a great time. :)
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Locations, as in restaurant?

The place we had Slugfest last year was cold. Cold as in the staff didn't seem too happy we were there. Lighting was poor, and the service wasn't all that great. They seemed annoyed at us overall. :?

That still didn't affect us though, we still had a good time.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

whatever you guys decide, I'm in.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Thanks for the explanation Elfstalker. I figured something like that must have been the case. I feel the same way though since I've had similar things happen with groups I've been in, and I generally make it a point not to patronize places where I get that feeling. :(

Still, I don't know if anyone is going to be quite prepared for what they get with our group. ;)

Robert
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I won't be around for another cel meeting at AX other than Beta and Slugfest. If someone wants to organize something, then feel free to do so.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Elfstalker, thank you very much for taking the lead on this. It's very difficult to try to match everyones schedule, but this can sometimes be easy compared to finding and reserving a suitable venue! Just wanted you to know the effort is very much appreciated.

BTW, for those who have expressed an interest to attend, I'm curious to know if you are thinking of this as more of a purely social event, a chance to see each other collections, or if there is also the hope to do a little trading? I'm up for a late night, but I know this may not fit everyones expectations or schedules.... and the venue may well impact our ability to linger.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Don't forget Joe (JWR) in organizing Slugfest. He likes to be the invisible guy who run things. :)

Cel Gallery
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

I'll be there!

- Karen
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

frozentime wrote:I'm up for a late night, but I know this may not fit everyones expectations or schedules.... and the venue may well impact our ability to linger.
I'm down with having this run long. If the restaurant kicks us out, my room *might* be available for a little bit afterwards (I'm staying at the Hilton with 2 other cel collectors and 1 non-collector, so I'd have to check with them first)

We could also probably just park ourselves on the floor somewhere and continue very informally. Probably a hotel hallway would work best, since the con will have rules about people blocking paths...
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

This thing happens once a year, so I am up for long nights. I can sleep when I go home. Whatever you guys choose is fine with me. I think rallihir is trying to organize an actual cel meeting at AX, so this will *mainly* be a social gathering(although cels are certainly welcome).
Last edited by blueheaven on Thu May 25, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

blueheaven wrote:This thing happens once a year, so I am up for long nights. I can sleep when I go home. Whatever you guys choose is fine with me. I think Lemar is trying to organize an actual cel meeting at AX, so this will *mainly* be a social gathering(although cels are certainly welcome).
Blueheaven, I'm not sure who Lemar is, but I have requested a cel panel with a potential speaker in the form of Ron Stark of SR Labs with a presentation on animation art conservation. The AX committee gave me a choice of 7:30 or 8:30 pm on Saturday. With the coordination of the RS gathering and the panel, I asked them for 7:30 pm. I've yet to have this officially confirmed, but I've booked that time slot for my presenters.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Blah, my mistake. I was on RS chat at the time and had Lemar's name in my head when i wrote it. My apologies. Thanks for all your hard work!

PS - Didn't realize i had been officially upgraded to hermit status. Hooray!
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Well, I got confirmation of the time and date for another panel I'm interested in attending. Unfortinately, it's happening at the time the cel panel is (8-8:50pm Saturday). So I won't be able to make it to the cel panel, unless both panels are right next door from each other!

BUT I will make it to Slugfest. I'm still correct in assuming that Slugfest at 9PM on Saturday is the preferred time.

After my final and other school issues are resolved, I'll resume the search for a restaurant location.

Cel Gallery
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Elfstalker wrote:Well, I got confirmation of the time and date for another panel I'm interested in attending. Unfortinately, it's happening at the time the cel panel is (8-8:50pm Saturday). So I won't be able to make it to the cel panel, unless both panels are right next door from each other!

BUT I will make it to Slugfest. I'm still correct in assuming that Slugfest at 9PM on Saturday is the preferred time.

After my final and other school issues are resolved, I'll resume the search for a restaurant location.
Dang!, It looks like we'll miss each other at the cel panel. I just received confirmation as well about the cel panel time. The panel definitely be at 7:30 to 8:30 pm on Saturday July 1st. I confirmed Ron Stark from SR Labs to give a quick discussion about cel conservation. Hopefully Elfstalker or JWR can find a good restaurant with a big back room for our continued RS gathering after the cel panel. Hope to see everyone at AX.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Elfstalker wrote:Well, I got confirmation of the time and date for another panel I'm interested in attending. Unfortinately, it's happening at the time the cel panel is (8-8:50pm Saturday). So I won't be able to make it to the cel panel, unless both panels are right next door from each other!

Dang!, It looks like we'll miss each other at the cel panel. I just received confirmation as well about the cel panel time. The panel definitely be at 7:30 to 8:30 pm on Saturday July 1st. I confirmed Ron Stark from SR Labs to give a quick discussion about cel conservation. Hopefully Elfstalker or JWR can find a good restaurant with a big back room for our continued RS gathering after the cel panel. Hope to see everyone at AX.

PS: The room will be LIVE PROGRAMMING ROOM #2