Slugfest 2!!

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Slugfest 2!!

Post by Elfstalker »

We're planning the second annual Rubberslug Gathering at Anime Expo 2006. (July 1-4th Anaheim, CA)

No details have been made yet, until we get a feel of who's interested in coming.

So....who's in? Last year we had reservations at a restaurant, but this time we're looking to find a friendlier place. Nothing fancy, just comfortable and laid back.

Let me know who plans to come, or is interested. If you have ideas on where we should host the gathering, please share. :)

Which day is good? I'm thinking of Saturday or Sunday. Morning? Afternoon?
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Ms. Poe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Ms. Poe »

Well...Saturday might not be good since it's the first day of the con...maybe sunday? Now that I think about it...We might wanna hold off on the day since we have no clue what the scedule is...for...you know...CLAMP, etc ;)!

I'm all in though...any day that works!
Image Image
Okuni
Kamisama - God

Post by Okuni »

All the way in Cali? Clear across the continent?? And on the July 4th weekend.
:( :(
I'd love to go; but I'm only a temp at my job and have no vacation days! :bawl That's beside the fact I can't afford airline tix...
It'd be so excellent to meet fellow collectors in person, too.

Living in MA. keeps me away from too many cool things!
That's it. I'm moving. (eventually.) *nods*

Well, I hope everyone that does go has a wonderful time. :)
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I'll be going. If possible, can we plan this around the cel panel that I am trying to get assembled? Having the gathering on the same day as the panel might be good lead ins for each event. Let me know how things go.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I'm in, as usual. Doesn't matter what date or time.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I'm good to go! Saturday is probably not a good idea, since a lot tends to happen on that day (even into the evening...)

I have no suggestions about location, since I'm not from CA and have never been to Anaheim.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

At this stage, I'm gauging on who is interesting in coming. Then we can decide how big a place we want to meet.

Would anyone be averse wtih a little driving? We did last time, and we may have to do so again if no places within walking distance is suitable.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Yes.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

I'm in (plus 1 or 2 friends). I'm flying in, but I think a friend has recruited someone to drive us around, if we need to go some place further away. :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Tell me a little about why you are in plus 1 or 2 friends.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Cause it'll be nice to meet other cel collectors!
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Unless there is a schedule conflict, I'll be there! I suspect that my friends will also want to go. That could be an extra 5 people who haven't posted here just yet.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Just as a note to anyone following this thread, I did submit an application for a cel collectors panel for EXPO with a primary requested date/time of Saturday July 1st at 8:00 pm and a secondary request for Sunday July 2nd at the same time. Now I just have to wait to see if the request is granted. I hope this does not conflict with any potential slugfest, as I would like to have the opportunity to go to both (as I think many of us would!)

Let me know if this a problem...
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

rallihir wrote:Just as a note to anyone following this thread, I did submit an application for a cel collectors panel for EXPO with a primary requested date/time of Saturday July 1st at 8:00 pm and a secondary request for Sunday July 2nd at the same time. Now I just have to wait to see if the request is granted. I hope this does not conflict with any potential slugfest, as I would like to have the opportunity to go to both (as I think many of us would!)

Let me know if this a problem...
I like the idea of having the cel panel as a lead in to slugfest. It sounds like we wouldn't be wrapping up the panel until 9:00, so I'm wondering if a 9:30 or 10:00 start to slugfest is going to be acceptable to most people? As long as it doesn't conflict with the CLAMP panel, I would think a 7:00 pm start to the panel would be a little better if we are going to combine the two events. Any thoughts?
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I received a response from the EXPO panel group today. They are offering a choice of times for the cel panel. Either Saturday 7:30 pm or 8:30 pm. See the poll in the cons and gatherings section. If you can, let me know what time would work best. Perhaps we can have the RS gathering after the panel. I'm still unsure of the time for the GOH dinner or other festivities that would involve CLAMP.