Can you believe........

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
hobbywhelmed
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by hobbywhelmed »

Wow, CA is easier than NY. They used to allow automatic postponements, but now they use a telephone stand-by system. When your generated number comes up, you have to go, and present any problems there to get excused from serving.

Luckily, my last 3 times ended up being 1 day, 1/2 day and 1/2 day. But sometimes you get called for a jury selection (if you didn't try and get out of serving), and have to present any problem you'd have serving again. I rmember this judge who went through the list, and it was thorough: medical problems, can't be without a cigarette for 8 hours, need special food, can't sit for long periods of time, need scheduled medications, can't be available for possibly months (it was gonna be a long trial). I bowed out because I had elderly parents at home and would have a problem if sequestered. But all the reasons the judge gave as an out, and you didn't even need documentation, and this one woman gets up and says she can't serve because she already put the nonrefundable deposit on her cruise! The look on the judge was priceless.