AX Registration question

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Goldknight
RULER

AX Registration question

Post by Goldknight »

As some of you may know last year was my first AX and I was rushing from work when I arrived. It had started on a Friday and I got in around Friday evening. When I got there I had told them I was only interested in going to the dealer's/exhibit hall so they directed me to a kiosk to get my hand stamped for $10 and that would cover me. Then the next day I arrived to go to the dealer's room and found a line snaked throughout the building. So my questions are these:

1. Since I arrive early on the 30th (Friday) will they let me register that day or do I have to wait until the 1st (Saturday)?

2. What time do y'all recommend getting in line on Saturday for the dealer's room? Anyone want to meet ahead of time to sit in line together and keep eachother company?
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

My wife & I will be driving down very early on the 30th. I'll pm you my cell #. I'm not yet sure if we will have to stand in line for we still have not recieved our badges which were suppost to be mailed out. (we paid in march) Either way we will be happy to help keep you company.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Badges are to be mailed out mid-June. imo, they're cutting it dangerously close!
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

I'm also worried about the badges arriving on time. I asked and they also told me mid June. Sometimes it takes more than 2 weeks for a package to make it to my house, but I'm hoping that it will just be an envelope and only takes a couple days to get to all of us.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Same here. I registered right around the same time as Joe. I'll be in line on June 30th as well. Just look for the big dude in the Red Sox jersey. If you want to cut in, be my guest.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

We could start a mob for the Dealers' Room and or CLAMP panel if anyone's interested. It'll pass the time and we can make friends. Dealers' room opens at high noon, but lines form as early as 5AM.

I'll be in the CLAMP panel (2-5 Sat) line since they are my #1 priority. ^^*** Once in a lifetime event that can't be missed! If I can get Poe to join me, we'll be there at the crack of dawn. :wink:
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Elfstalker wrote: I'll be in the CLAMP panel (2-5 Sat) line since they are my #1 priority. ^^*** Once in a lifetime event that can't be missed! If I can get Poe to join me, we'll be there at the crack of dawn. :wink:
I'll join you for the CLAMP panel, but I'll probably not be around AX until around 10AM. BUt, this is the one event I wouldn't pass up. I would even make a trip to Japan just to see the fab FOUR. Saturday is really looking like a busy day for me. Is the panel really 2-5? That's a long time for a panel.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

WEEEEEE

MY BADGE ARRIVED TODAY!

Did you guys get yours?
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I'm gonna join the mob with Poe and Elf. I am hoping upon hope they are signing stuff.
Ms. Poe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Ms. Poe »

Yep yep...5am Rhey and I are planning...maybe we could have a big RS/Beta gathering in the line at that time?

O! I got my badge today ;)
Image Image
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

My badge arrived yesterday. :D

Don't forget to NOT tear your badges!! They'll be invalid if you do anything to them. X|

Gah, AX is so close!! 8O

Cel Gallery
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Elfstalker wrote:My badge arrived yesterday. :D

Don't forget to NOT tear your badges!! They'll be invalid if you do anything to them. X|
Bah! I was going to mention that as well, thank you Rhey. GB and I were chatting about the people who got their badges and already tore them. Thank goodness I don't have my mother's vision.

Got my badge yesterday!
Golden Boy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Golden Boy »

Hopefully, they will have a sign posted near the line regarding torn badges. Otherwise, there's gonna be some ticked-off otakus. I'm glad to hear badges are arriving in time.

gb :wink:
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I'm sure there are plenty folks who tore their badges. I would save all the pieces to present them as well as a receipt of my paid registration (emailed copy of Paypal receipt).

I highly doubt they would throw you out. :l

Cel Gallery
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Save a place in line for me! I'll be floating around the exhibit hall for a while as there are some "special" cels I need to pick up. But I [glow=orange]NEED[/glow] to see CLAMP

PS: I'm currently in Philadelphia attending a seminar, but I did get to meet sensei the other CCS guru in person finally. I will be carefull opening my badge envelope. I hope that it will be there when I get home.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness