My trip back from AX - What a nightmare

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Baakay wrote:
majinuub wrote:
Baakay wrote: Well... it does NOT sound like a "bang!"
I'll admit it, poor choice of phrase on my part /hmm /wah . As long as you made it home safely.
Ack!! I wasn't meaning to pick at you, sorry!! :P I should have put a smiley after my bang. (It was actually kind of funny, to me, but I have a sick sense of humor :D )
It's ok as long as my meaning wasn't misunderstood :) .
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

Glad you made it home safe and sound, GK. :yay

I look forward to seeing all your new goodies.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

sensei wrote: Truly, your flight reminds me of many I took on Piedmont Airlines when I was younger. My favorite involves a typically wobbly approach to a darkened runway, followed by a bouncy, tooth-jarring touchdown, and then the announcement, "We have just landed in Ashland, West Virginia. Please remain in your seats with the seat-belts fastened until..."

Whereupon we made a turn and all could see the terminal's huge neon letters: ROANOKE, VIRGINIA.

:emb 8O :emb
And all they found of that flight was a carving on a tree, "Croatoan."
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

*makes mental note to never fly with GK*
*or sensei*
:hurt:

Wow, can't wait to see the pretties! :yay
Golden Boy

Post by Golden Boy »

Awwww, thanks, Angela! You are too sweet. :love:

I'm glad to hear you're safe and sound after that horrific return. 8O
I had a great time hanging out with you trying to figure out how to best spend your money while leaving the Chibis alone. :?

Gomen ne, I don't believe I got to pay for your margarita, so I will owe you two drinks next year. :D

I'll be sending you the picture Niki took of us. I'll leave it to you, if you want to post it. And since I've announced it publicly on Beta, public pressure will increase to show your fantabulous self. :wink:

P.S. Thanks, Brian, for the shout out. :)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I saw that the waitress messed up the tickets. :emb No big. It a blast as usual GB! I got the pic and there's NO WAY I'm posting that thing. :P Between your whacked out smile and my eyes barely staying open from exhaustion it was our better moments. :emb :emb :emb I will however be keeping that little gem for my own album. :wink: I have to admit it was a lot more fun at AX this year being 40 pounds lighter. :emb :emb It was also great seeing Brian. He was so sweet especially letting me in line and then understanding when I ran in ahead for a certain cel. JWR was so great and helpful as well. Organizing all sorts of things and helping me get in early to go for a certain cel. :bow :bow :bow I can't thank everyone enough for the great time. I also LOVED seeing Jenn finally. And I LOVE her hair. Adorable haircut. :wink:
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

That's wonderful.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Wow, GK, what a scary trip home! I'm glad to hear you made it safe and sound!

It was so great to see you again at AX. Sorry I didn't take a better pic of you with GB. X|

I have to agree with you on 2 things...GB is definitely a sweetheart and Jenn's haircut is adorable!! :)

and...also, you look absolutely wonderful...you are my new inspiration for trying to lose a few pounds! :wink:
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

GK!!! :friends: :friends: :friends:

I'm glad you made it back safely! That sounds like a scary ride. I would have been asking for several drinks. :buds: When I flew home from Cancun, the first time, my plane lost all eletrical power during the flight. And of course, when we arrived in Atlanta there were thunderstorms so we had to circle around. :nuts I literally wanted to kiss the ground when I got off that flight. I remember looking out the window when we lost power and though "at least we're over water so we have somewhat of a chance". Welcome home! :friends:

I can't wait to see what goodies you picked up! :D And I kinda need to see this pic of which you speak. It can be kept private. :wink: I need my inspiration to lose an extra few. :)

I'm so happy to hear you had fun at AX! I'm sorry I couldn't go this year. :roll: I would have loved to see everyone again.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

OMG Ang - it sounded like a horrific flight. 8O
I am glad you made it home safely. :)

I agree with all others, you looked great. It
was so good to see you again. Though I think I
gained the weight that you lost. X|

Meeting everyone was great. Lemar was a doll,
and yep - Jenn's haircut is adorable. :)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

:-) I'm glad we agree. You and your all others you looked great.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Cloud you are too funny. :emb It was great seeing Nida and Nikki too. They were such a great help in spending my money. :emb
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Thanks you make me laugh too. Thanks for your constructive criticism, fascinated at where you come.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Ms. Poe

Post by Ms. Poe »

Ouch ouch GK...LOL...You were fun to talk too. My SW plane had an engine on it that looked like it had an engine fire....and they just tried to make it look nicer by giving the plane a quick bath....I have pictures of it too. I'll upload them later. I swear the ring at the front of the engine was rattling too -_-!

It was fun meeting everyone in person! Sorry we didn't get to talk more YAOI Nida -.-! I'll be sending a larger pic along for you shortly =)!

And yes...I KNEW Lamar was the HOT one! But the bastard too my GB OP cel...LOL! It's OK my dear...I forgive you! Gave me money to buy my new Naruto goodies ^___^!

O! And my big tale of Con woe, "The HOGBEAST", will be posted sometime tomorrow. Ja!
Image Image
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Okay...first of all...enough about my haircut - let's talk about my dress!

Second, GK, you are going to have to fight me for Lemar!

Third, Nida - WAAAIIIIII!!!!

Fourth, Poe...you were so robbed!! That poster should have been yours.

I too had the nightmare flights from hell. I have just gotten home. That's right - July 6th, 10 am local time. That's over 12 hours later than I was supposed to arrive. But I think GK has me beat on the fear factor.

Anyhow, when I am not so darned exhausted - and grouchy - I will post more.

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender