S.E. England- A little meeting, Sun 6th August 06

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

S.E. England- A little meeting, Sun 6th August 06

Post by Krafty »

I'm meeting up with Nene in Croydon, just outside of London.
It's an informal meeting, we've not met in person before so I thought it'd be nice.
If anyone's 'local' you're very welcome to come along too!

I know that there are very few UK collectors here but it's worth a shout ^__^

Where: Outside WHSmiths, Whitgift Centre, Croydon
http://www.whitgiftshopping.co.uk/home.php

When: 1pm Sunday 6th August 2006

Why: To say hello over a drink in a cafe/pub and talk cels & stuff ;)

Another friend bailed out because she's going to the monthly London Anime Club but we can arrange other get-togethers, the more the merrier!
Future meets needn't be in Croydon either, this was a venue not too far from either of us; I'm sure that a London meeting would be possible in the future. Any suggestions?

Feel free to PM either of us if you're interested or want to come along this weekend or next time.
Who knows, it could even snowball into a massive anime convention someday? LOL
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

Yup, the more the merrier. ^_^

Other get-togethers in different locations with fellow cel collectors/anime enthusiasts would definately be an option in the future. Shame us UK lot are so diversely located around the country.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Are all Shame us UK lot so diversely located around the country?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Ah sounds so cool!

Wish I could be there :friends:
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

Sounds good to me! I'll see if I can make it!
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

Isn't it your birthday on the 6th as well?
Joost
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Joost »

Oh and maybe in the future, some belgian collectors can come true the eurotunnel :wink: :D , its not that far away, london... :)
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Ronin wrote:Isn't it your birthday on the 6th as well?
Yeah, it is. Come along and I'll let you buy me a drink *heh*
I don't tend to celebrate birthdays but I thought it'd be nice to do something socialble rather than sit alone at home in a cold, dark, empty house :P

I've never met a cel collector before, as Nene says, too many UK fans are dotted around the country that it makes it difficult getting together.
Joost wrote:some belgian collectors can come true the eurotunnel, its not that far away, London...
Nice idea! It would be great to meet up. When I was in Amsterdam for a few days I met up with some internet friends and it was well worth while.

You should come along too, WC, it's only a 7 hour flight and I'll be disappointed if you're not there- I can even put you up for the night [try not to misinterpret that] ;)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Krafty wrote:You should come along too, WC, it's only a 7 hour flight and I'll be disappointed if you're not there- I can even put you up for the night [try not to misinterpret that] ;)
Ohhhhhhh baby!!! *cat calls, wolf howling, whistles* :dsmoke

I imagine our meeting going alil' something like...
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:I imagine our meeting going alil' something like...
Perhaps, but high heels and pink dresses don't look good on me.
At least that's what my family tell me each weekend...
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

Awwww, don't sell yourself short Krafty ;) I'm sure you're a regular hottie :rollin

Now I'm jealous!!!! *pout* Why don't more Betarians live in the South dagnabbit???? :bawl:

I've even BEEN to Croydon, too!!! *lived in Northolt for a while* :(
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Lynxa wrote:Now I'm jealous!!!! *pout* Why don't more Betarians live in the South dagnabbit? I've even BEEN to Croydon, too!
If you're ever in S.E. England again, Lynxa you'll have to let us know! It's been cool to meet you ^__^

I recently returned from our day out and it was great to meet the lovely Nene and Ronin in person :)
[Thanks again for coming along and making my birthday a treat].

After showing off some of our collection and chatting about the hobby, we wandered off to find the mystery shop that Nene's friend told her about that sold anime DVDs, video games and such.
We found it straight away off of the main shopping area and it was great to see the various model kits, US Imported anime and retro games.
I haven't seen such models for sale outside of central London so it was a pleasant surprise! I don't venture into London for shopping purposes nowadays so it was exciting to find this little shop.
[Say thanks to your friend, Nene] ;)

Ronin took advantage of the '3 DVDs for £20.00' offer at Virgin Megastore and we both purchased Azumi 2, Japanese swordplay movie, the last 2 copies in the store :P

More meetings will have to be arranged in the future, it's nice to talk 'cels' once in a while with real people rather than a computer monitor, *heh*
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Aw, how wonderful! It sounds like you guys had lots of fun! Maybe it'll
become a regular thing (maybe every year?) You could start your own anime
and cel collectors convention. Complete with panels, dinner and field trips
to local shoppes. hehe :o
dave1999artwork
I am being punished for being stupid

Post by dave1999artwork »

I've never been to any such convention in my life. I recall getting into a pady because I couldn't get any ***^$% to go with me to Sheninnkai 98,' or whatever it was called (had all the head anime cheese there from around the UK- Helen McCarthy, Steve Kyte, regional manga cordinators etc). Then I stopped watching nu anime altogether and just collected the cels, I heard a rumor that at a UK con somewhere around 99/00, someone had put ecxtasy pills into pokemon cup cakes dat they were sellin. Interesting scenario..

RONIN! -I didn't know you were limey as well!
Noriko010884
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Noriko010884 »

Yeah, I am sorry about that Krafty. I don't remember getting a heads up too far in advance though in my defense. :l

If you ever plan on going to the Expo at the Excel Centre (usually one in May and another in Oct.) then do let me know. I usually go with friends so think it'd be nice for you and I to elope.. or go for coffee at least. *smiles*

Otherwise, I can make time for you, especially if you're sporting that sexy lil red number with those heels. Oh yeah! *winks*