Otakon '06 - Show Your New Goodies

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
starlightx
Kishin - Fierce God

Otakon '06 - Show Your New Goodies

Post by starlightx »

Otakon was lots of fun. Watched lots of anime, got to see the new FMA movie (awesome btw). I bought 2 plushies, 2 cel phone charms & 2 pieces of artwork from the artist gallery plus a cel or two. I also got a couple of autographs, including one by Nobuteru Yuki. But the best part of it all was Mr. Yukki's reaction or should I say expression to the Varie opening cel that I gave him to sign; it was like 'wow, nice cel'. He didn't say those words but his expression conveyed that thought. Another cool thing was the sketched that he drew only for the first 10 people in line; I was 2nd. I had him draw Sora from the movie. This made my day, if not the whole weekend.

It was also great to meet fellow Beta/RS members at the cel gathering & to see their collections in person; Thanks to Deanna for organizing it.

I still need to scan my new acquisitions in. I will do it once I have caught up on some sleep.

But, iI would like it if everyone could show the beauties they were able to pick up at Otakon, if any.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Hey starlightx,

It was great to meet you at Otakon, and I'm really glad you were able to bring some of your cel collection! Unfortunately, I didn't pick up anything though. I had already dropped too much at the previous two cons (within a month of Otakon) and on YJ, and so was just doing well to show up. ^_^; I also missed the Yuuki signing because I couldn't make Friday. :( Sounds like you made out quite well though. Congratulations! :)