Ohayocon?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Nelia
Kishin - Fierce God

Ohayocon?

Post by Nelia »

Yep! Just wondering if anyone's going to Ohayocon this weekend. :D I'm just curious - I think Asylum Anime is going to be there, so I'm assuming I will be broke upon return. XD
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I think D he or she is just curious - he or she think Asylum Anime is a lot of things.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

I went last year, but I had honestly forgotten about it until you mentioned it just now. That might tell you how impressed I was with it last year! ;)

The best part of the whole thing last year was getting to meet Drax and Johnny Yong Bosh. The worst part was that I came home with almost every dime I brought with me, because Anime Asylum didn't bring one single cel. :x (To say I was disappointed is an understatement.)

I'm kind of surprised that the Ohayocon site still doesn't list ANY of the panels or workshops. If they had some interesting discussions listed, I might have decided to run over there... but they don't have any specifics yet. Oh well! If you decide to go, Nelia, let me know! My mind isn't all the way made up yet.
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Might be persuaded if the weather is bad, othewise I'm on the bike and probably wouldn't be able to get up there early enough. It's near Columbus right?
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Signs point to yes. Ask LeknorChat if it is.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Nelia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nelia »

Soda- Yep~ It's actually IN Columbus. I'm up about an hour north of there, so I'm just gonna drive down every day.

Shellie - Whoa! Seriously? Curt didn't even bring his cels? Well, I feel like a sheep because I left all my cels back in NC when I came on this vacation. I didn't think I was going to be going until my boyfriend demanded we go. XD I know that there are just English VAs there - the VA for Rally from Gunsmith Cats is going to be there, the VA for GIR from Invader Zim is going to be there, and one more I swore I wasn't going to forget, but did. Grah. @.@ I don't feel like digging up the name - but I definetly wanna check them out and get an autograph. I'm surprised as well there's not much information on what's going on. ._.'
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Ooooo, I wasn't very interested until you mentioned Gir! ;) Yes, there will probably only ever be the English VAs at Ohayocon... we are much too small and "middle of nowhere" to get any of the Japanese originals to come. But I don't want to make it sound like it's a bad con... I did really have fun. Just walking around and looking at all the wild people and the fun stuff in the vendor's place is worth the price of admission. We don't get much'o'that round these parts. :) And for the first time in my life, last year I actually went to a panel and stood in line to get someone's autograph. Swore I'd never do it. But it was fun. Got to talk to a few of the VAs for a bit, which was nice. (I married a broadcaster... I like nice voices. ;)) I can't compare Ohayocon to any of the other cons since I've never seen anything else, but it was fun. (Except the part where Curt didn't send any cels. That part stunk. Maybe you'll want to email Asylum first and ask if they plan on sending any this year.) Hope you have a great time, Nelia!!

And, soda, it is very easy to get to. It's right downtown, but it's easy to get in and out from the highways.