Kawaii Kon (in Hawaii)

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Kawaii Kon (in Hawaii)

Post by miz ducky »

Ok like any one needs another excuse to come to Hawaii. But we'll give you one anyway.

Kawaii Kon
April 27-29, 2007
Honolulu Convention Center

Come see us!!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

In any case, Huh. Anytime soon?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Masako
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Masako »

Yes, please come on down! A few people in the dealer's room do sell cels. Most of the time they're collectors themselves and aren't selling for a profit, just cleaning out the inventory (at very reasonable prices). Guess that's one benefit of KK still being a somewhat fledgling con.

There's also been talk of a cel panel, if there's enough interest... :wink:
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Has any one actually submitted an outline for a cel panel? I would really like to see someone do that. It would be lots of fun.

Now that I've decided not to take a class next term (starting 1st week of April), I think I might have time to complete a Fruits Basket - What animal of the Zodiac are you? panel.

But the trouble is that I don't really know what to do other than make a ppt presentation of the different animals.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Masako
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Masako »

Hey Ducky~
Looks like the cel panel has been confirmed! Do you know who is organizing it?

To Anime Beta in general: Though there are no dealers that focus specifically on the anime cel/douga trade, there are a few collectors that bring their books to the con and sell at the dealers room.

We also have quite a few voice actors visiting.. the FMA English dub actors for Ed, Roy, Armstrong, Wrath, and Izumi-sensei will all be in attendance! :^^:
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Buma is doing the panel. :yay

I was very tempted by a few nice Inuyasha cels that Mike was selling last year. I had no idea that there would be cels sold at the card gaming table!! I even went to his store after the con to see what he had left, but he couldn't remember where he had put them! X|
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

We are going to Hawaii for our honeymoon for 10 days but it's not during April! :bawl /sob So we'll be missing this con, even though I'd really like to go to it. Does Hawaii have anymore or is this their major one? Any anime stores there in Hawaii? :D :D :wink:
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • "Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker." - Shinigami
  • "WHAT!??! Men in pink!? How bizarre!" - Vegeta
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

It's our only con.
Our founders have been discussing a sci-fi/multi-genre con, but that hasn't picked up yet (or maybe I don't know about it because I said that I'd rather not work both cons).

There are lots of places to find anime and anime related things on Oahu. One of the popular places (Toys & Joys) carries HK rips, but it's pretty obvious when you see a full series on 2 disks for $20. So, take that however you like.

I can't seem to recall the other shops right now. Maybe one of the other locals will stop by and answer your question. If you could say what it is that you look for most then we might be able to give you a more specific answer.

Are you coming to Oahu? I can't really help if you're going to another island.
Masako
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Masako »

If you like models/gundams, I'd strongly recommend Mecha Hawaii. The owner is super friendly and very knowledgeable. ^__^

And yeah, Toys and Joys carries a lot of rip-off things, but it's so easy to spend your money there. X| Just flies out of your wallet.

Thanks for the info, I'm glad Buma's doing it. Hope it's at a decent time when I'll be able to attend. :)
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

miz ducky wrote: There are lots of places to find anime and anime related things on Oahu. One of the popular places (Toys & Joys) carries HK rips, but it's pretty obvious when you see a full series on 2 disks for $20. So, take that however you like.

Are you coming to Oahu? I can't really help if you're going to another island.
Yes, we are staying on Oahu but will be visiting the Big Island and Maui as well. Right now we are trying to plan out what we will be doing there so we don't leave anything out. I think 10 days is a good start to visiting Hawaii and spending time with my soon-to-be-husband.

Masako wrote: If you like models/gundams, I'd strongly recommend Mecha Hawaii. The owner is super friendly and very knowledgeable. ^__^

And yeah, Toys and Joys carries a lot of rip-off things, but it's so easy to spend your money there. Just flies out of your wallet.
Ah thank you Masako! My fiance loves Gundam Wing. Hmm...do you have the dates for the Mecha Hawaii? It might not correspond to when we will be there.

Sounds like Toys and Joys is a place I need to watch out for. ;) Might blow some money in that store the way it sounds. :D Thanks for the info!
  • "If us girls can't be strong, then we can't protect the boys we love." - Naoko Takeuchi
  • This message has been approved by Welcome Consumer...got questions? She's got answers. :P
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Mecha Hawaii is a store. So they will most likely be there during your stay. :D
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I missed the boat on going to this con this year. I will talk with the dealer I work with and have it panned out for me to travel with him next year to go. @_@ Ive never been to hawaii before. better start saving now @_@ haha
SME
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by SME »

miz ducky wrote:Mecha Hawaii is a store. So they will most likely be there during your stay. :D
LOL! Yea, that definitely means that they will be around when we go. ^_^ Thanks for clearing that up for me, even though I feel slightly embarrassed. X|

We have a big budget for this trip, so right now I'm researching the best places for food and entertainment. I really can't wait to stand near one of their active volcanoes, that would be so cool!