Is AX a good place to buy cels?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

My favorite activities are computer programming and surfing the web.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Animecelcollector wrote:
Goldknight wrote:so basically the rubberslug gathering is the cel gathering....beta gathering....everything gathering. Dealers go to it too
Then why not call it a cel gathering untless rubberslug.com is sponsoring the event.

What do you do in the gathering, share cel books, trade cels or just talk?
It's organized by rubberslug members, that's why! Everyone is invited. It's usually called Slugfest!

I'm pretty sure it's more of a fun gathering where you talk and share a few cel books with others! :vict
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Yep. Slugfest is organized by rubberslug. People bring cel books or items they bought so far at the con. Others come just to catch up and meet others in the community. It's really awesome. I've met so many nice people there and made really great friends. It's nice to put a face to people you chat with or do business with everyday. :)
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

magster

Post by magster »

I bought my first cel at AX. I thought I got a few great bargain cels for $5-10. Now that I am a more "seasoned" cel collector, I am now spending 80-100 bucks for a nice cel. To answer the previous question, "I think that AX is a great place to buy cels- you really have to concentrate and work to find your ideal cel though. I would love to find out which cel dealers intend to go to AX this yr.
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

momo wrote:I think... you just need one full day and that's it. Opening day hit the floors of the dealers room
with your plan of attack set up and you'll know which dealers to attack first to avoid the masses.
I completely agree.

Although I must admit, AX is where I've made some of my best power-purchases™ (Rick, Ed and Dave have all my money :cry:).
It's the best place to see some fantastic cels first-hand at incredibly high prices. :^^:
Hold On Tightly ~ Let Go Lightly