AX 2007 and all things included

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Probably not.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

magster wrote:Will your cel panel cover how to paint a cel and proper cel preserving techniques? I know there was a panel last yr at AX- but due to scheduling conflicts I wasn't able to attend. :( C-ya all there- it'll be my first time at Long Beach.
Last years panel dealt with aspects of cel conservation. I had Ron Stark of SR Labs talk about his experiences. Even with an hour dedicated to cel discussion, it was insufficient time. This year, I would like to do a presentation on the animation process from sketch to cel that I was unable to get to last year. I just have to see if I can get the right time slot from the AX committee. Since, I am flying back from Tokyo a day before the convention, I only have one day at AX. Of course, if things do not work out, someone else can step up and host the event as well :)
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I'm still in the air about going but I'm all about last second decisions. :wink: Due to various factors, I can't plan past a couple of weeks right now. :roll:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

If you get the chance to make it, I would love to get to meet you!
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Why thank you, miz ducky! That's awfully sweet of you. :friends: I had a blast meeting everyone at AX'05. Last year, I had a bad lung infection and couldn't go. :roll: We'll see about this year. Unfortunately like I said, I just have to wait and see. :^^:
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

You better come DT!!!!!!! You didn't come last year and I was bummed. :wink:
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Believe me, I would have much rather stood in long lines at AX last year than have a lung infection. :wink:
Carol
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Carol »

oi :)
i'll be there for Friday (june 30th).
I registered so that I could catch Anna Tsuchiya's concert.
maybe i'll see some of you guys there :)

theres a pretty kickbutt iyakaya restaurant about 6 minutes driving from there thatd id be more than happy to guide anyone to ^_^
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

1 more week from tomorrow and I'll be crossing the ocean!!

I'm so excited! It's strange, because this is my second AX. I'm more excited this year than last. But, I guess that's because I know what to expect this time.

I'm really looking forward to Slugfest and getting to meet everyone.

Do any of you have photo's in your personal gallery (here)? I do. So if you see me walking around the convention center please stop me and say HI. I Do respond to the name Ducky. Actually, that will help me respond because Nicole is a popular name and I might not realize that I'm the one being called. So if someone calls me Ducky then I know that they actually know me.

See You Soon! Yay!!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Perhaps we should make a Beta/RS name template? Something with a cute little slug(the one that UC Santa Cruz uses might work), slap it with a shirt with the letter "B" on it and write our names underneath?

I'm looking foward to having a face to put behind the galleries that I enjoy online.

...Oh, has anyone received their AX badges yet?
Tomuki

Post by Tomuki »

Yay, I leave in for AX in 2hrs! Its so exciting :bounce
Hope everyone going has a blast! And if your travelling to get there I hope you have a safe trip!
:)
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

I need to start packing. I hate that part. I work up until I need to leave, so I really don't have any "extra/spare" time to get everything together.

The worst part is that my friend wants me to dress up a little. That means lots of extra shoes, makeup, and lots of extra clothes. Since, I'll be wearing "normal" clothes during the day, and all the other stuff later. It's such a pain, but it's better than last year, when he didn't tell me until I got there and then we had to go shopping.