AX 2007 and all things included

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

AX 2007 and all things included

Post by miz ducky »

I just wanted to say that I bought my plane tickets today for AX.
Also, AX just announced more hotels with AX group rates. You might want to get in on one of the lower room rates while they are available.

Sooo...

Are you going to be there?

Is Slugfest being planned yet? Please discuss it here!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I'll be there. I have a room at the Westin already booked (I had a room at the Hyatt, but they screwed me over, so I changed it).
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

My wife & I will be there helping Curt , Sat - Mon.
I will be doing some scouting of resturants for a Slugfest and will make announcements about it when it gets closer to the date (most likely late may / early june)
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Not really sure this year. Both of my summer classes are being offered online, but my culminating paper has to be in by 7/1. Unless the lineup for this year's con is extraordinary in some way, I'd say no for 2007. However, Comic Con looks like a definite yes. I really want to meet Ray Bradbury and Neil Gaiman.
Last edited by blueheaven on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Not many people say both.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I have applied for a cel panel slot on Saturday June 30th. Last year the AX staff took a while to respond. Ideally, I would like to get a panel at either 5 or 6 pm. I would have considered Friday as well, but I am flying back from Tokyo on Thursday and would be too jet-lagged to be of much use on Friday. Hopefully, there will be a corresponding RS gathering for dinner later on Saturday.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

If someone local is willing to plan an out-of-con gathering, can we have it at a well-lit place this year? While last year was fun, I could barely see the people sitting at my table to talk to them, let alone any of the gorgeous cels they had brought with them.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

One of the problems that comes up in finding a place that meets several criteria.

A - Open Late
B - Takes large groups
C - Affordable
D - Nearby
E - Has decent food

The only sollution to this issue would be to hold SF earlier in the evening, but this would cut into programming and events.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

One what?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I have registered! :) Now I just need to find a hotel room . . . and find out how many people will actually be going with me. :D
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I will be there again this year working with Midori and hanging
out with my girl Jenn!! :buds: Hopefully there will be as much
laughing and alot more sleeping then last year. :coffee:
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

I (w/friends) will be at the Courtyard Marriott that is 0.5 mile away on 1st Street. Rooms are $199, but all the "con rate" rooms have been sold out in a bad way.

I like the Courtyard Marriott because they have really yummy make-it-yourself waffles with the breakfast buffet!
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I just received a notification from the AX committee that they are still setting up their workshop and panel discussion registration and may take a while to assign times. I'll keep everybody appraised when and if there will be a cel panel. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this works out.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I will be there!!! :jump I'll be staying with my AX buddy Kata this year. YAY!!!!!! :jump :jump :jump I can't wait to see everyone again.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

magster

Post by magster »

Will your cel panel cover how to paint a cel and proper cel preserving techniques? I know there was a panel last yr at AX- but due to scheduling conflicts I wasn't able to attend. :( C-ya all there- it'll be my first time at Long Beach.