Slugfest AX 2007 (Info updated)

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Slugfest AX 2007 (Info updated)

Post by JWR »

Ok here is the latest. 6/23

The date & time will be Saturday June 30th at 8:00pm.

It will be at the Rock Bottom Resturant & Brewery http://www.rockbottom.com/RockBottomWeb/RBR/Home.aspx
I have put up the $200.00 deposit for the room.

The cost will be $30.00 each that will include tax & tip.
I ask all to please bring cash for they will not give individual checks except for the bar and I'm not set up to take credit cards.

We will be having an all you can eat buffet with your choice of
• Chicken Teriyaki • Alder-Smoked Salmon • Top Sirloin

Side Dishes:• White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes , Red Ale Rice

Cash Bar
The amount of $1.25 is charged per Guest to be paid by the
host of the event. Guests are responsible for paying
the tabs on the drinks that they consume.

So far confirmed. 5/12
JWR 2
Blueheaven 1
Goldknight 1
Kata 1
Cutiebunny 2
Rallihir 1
ConfusedMoogle 1
Gonzai 5
JennB 1
Anime Obsessed 1
Miz Ducky 2
Drakonia 1
Silvrdrago 1
Stilljaded 1
Wndrkn 1
GB 1
Greymouser 1
AnimeJewell 1
Nejisgirl 1
Tomuki 1
Jerome 1
Curt 1
Spoon 1
Last edited by JWR on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:35 am, edited 21 times in total.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Ms. Poe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Ms. Poe »

*sigh* Wish I could make it this year. It was so much fun last year ;_;! Buying a house takes up all my money...LOL! Hopefully next year though ;)!
Image Image
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I think I'd rather have the "sit down" dinner. That way, people aren't constantly moving around with food. I wouldn't want someone to accidentally trip with a plateful of BBQ Ribs and have it end up on someone's cel book!

Also, if we do reserve this banquet hall, I assume that means it can/will be extremely well lit? Because that would be all sorts of awesome.

JWR: How exactly does the food work? Do we order ahead of time? I've never organized a banquet before, so I'm completely clueless.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I'm open to either one. YAY!!!! I can't wait for another slugfest. :jump
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I hope it's worth the wait.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Does not matter to me, really. The buffet sounds like it might be less of a hassle to plan IMO.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I think matter to me does matter to me. For real.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
JWR

Post by JWR »

ReiTheJelly wrote:
Also, if we do reserve this banquet hall, I assume that means it can/will be extremely well lit? Because that would be all sorts of awesome.
I'm certain we would be able to control our lighting since we will be away from others
ReiTheJelly wrote: JWR: How exactly does the food work? Do we order ahead of time? I've never organized a banquet before, so I'm completely clueless.
How it would work would be that we pick 2 or 3 choices in which everyone would pick from such as 1 chicken 1 beef & 1 fish.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Joe,

I too would like to do a sit down meal. I think your selections are good for our group. That is one chicken, one beef, and one fish or other. I still have not heard from the AX committee. I have put in time selections for 5, 6, and 7 pm for a cel panel discussion. I'll keep everyone in the loop when I hear about a room and time.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
confusedmoogle
Anime Geek

Post by confusedmoogle »

I agree with Rei that a sit down dinner would be better than a buffet.

Either way, you'll be sure to see me there. /eyes:
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I'm all for the sit down rather than the buffet.

I'll be at AX (bounces up and down) and I'll plan on being at the cel gathering. I might have a non-collecting friend in tow.

confusedmoogle, the other day kymaera and I totally saw a Moogle pom-pom hat at a local comic shop. 8O :D
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I like the sit-down as well.

I'm looking forward to attending my first convention.
JWR

Post by JWR »

Update: 04/23

After talking to the Banquet co-ordinator some changes have been forced.

#1 is they no longer offer the sitdown dinner option on weekends due to the amount of food needed to be prepared for a full house.

So we have a choice of an all you can eat buffet with 2 items for $21.95 or 3 items for $24.95 . Now these prices do not include tax or tip.

I called a few more restaurants and this still is the best deal and being accross the street from the Con will eliminate the organizing a car pool like last year in Anaheim.

I need a list of how many are planning to attend for I will have to give them a somewhat firm number in early June.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I'm there.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

YAY!!! BH can come. :jump
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug