Slugfest AX 2007 (Info updated)

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Silvrdrago
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Silvrdrago »

I'm comeing to AX, just booked my trip today. I'd love to come to slugfest. Anything food related is fine by me. -Chris
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I can't think of anything. You think of something.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
stilljaded

Post by stilljaded »

Count me in! I'd love to meet everyone :D
confusedmoogle
Anime Geek

Post by confusedmoogle »

Add one more to my tab...

I'll be dragging along Drakonia.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Hmmm . . . maybe I should email my friend and let her know that's she's going to be eating dinner with a bunch of cel collectors--ages varied. :P
wndrkn

Post by wndrkn »

Hi everybody!

I would like to join the anime cel dinner if there is room. I've never been to AnimeExpo but I happen to be in LA this summer. I'm going to have a one-day pass for Saturday only.

I haven't been too active in the community for a while now so if there are any people who remember me and want to get together during that day, please drop me an e-mail. I'd love to hear from you.

Best,

Wendy
Golden Boy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Golden Boy »

Joseph,
Could you please put me down for one? And thank you for all the hard work. It is much appreciated.

gb :wink:
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

I'm a little late, but I would love to go. This will be my first slugfest and I am looking forward to it. :D
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

I wish I could go :(

I would love to meet everyone! :D

Maybe next year :l
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I hope that your dreams come true.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Cloud wrote:I hope that your dreams come true.
....Stalker Cloud! :evil:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Cloud wrote:Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.
Stoooooop following meeeeeeee :evil: :evil:
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

I have been asked if you have to have a gallery on Rubberslug to attend this cel gathering.

The answer is no , all are welcome.

Slugfest is just a catchy name for our cel gatherings , there have been ones here at AX as well as others on both coasts.

I do ask that all let me know by either posting in this thread , the one on RS or PM me so I can add those to the list. I don't know how much flexability I'll have to add last second additions on the day of the Con.

Also , I need feedback on what everyone wants as far as food. Do we want 2 or 3 main choices (Around $4 per person Diff) And what those choices should be.

See the 1st post in this thread for menu & list of those attending.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I could go either way, so, if the majority wants to do two items or three items, that's fine.

I'd prefer to go with three since it gives more variety. My vote is for Pasta Primavera(meatless?), Chicken Teriyaki and Top Sirloin. I think this selection would appeal to many and for those that have digestive problems, it would be lighter on their stomach.

What about the sides(ie. cheddar potatoes)? Do we have to select one or two side dishes or do we get all four?