Otakon 2007?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Otakon 2007?

Post by Ryouko »

I'll be bringing along a few of my cels to get signed by this year's guests (Tomokazu Seki @_@;), so I figured if I bring a few, it's not much harder to just drag a whole book.

I've been out of the loop for the past few years, so I'm not sure if there have been past gatherings. But for a con so large, I thought it may not be hard to put one together. There's a lot of open space at this con, especially on the very top floor.

Would anyone be interested?
Webmistress and owner of Picture Perfect:
http://www.rockman-exe.com/picture.html
http://ryouko.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Always looking for high-quality Tamahome, Tasuki or Boshi-twin cels!
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

Hey Ryouko, I will be attending Otakon this year (Have to love only being 15 minutes away..) As far as a meet is concerned that would be great. Sometime during friday-saturday night (when there is less going on at the con) would be perferable. I might be willing to bring one of my itoya of my JK sketches.

As far as past gatherings I know there was a small one last time (06) but at the time i was not interested in cels or sketches so I have no idea who attended.
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Re: Otakon 2007?

Post by syan »

I'll be there as well! :) The past two years the gathering has been at the Holiday Inn's restaurant (I'm pretty sure that was the hotel? I know it when I see it. :P), since it's a couple blocks from the BCC. I think we just sorta showed up, without reservations. If people want, I can check out other places nearby to meet if we also want to eat/drink, or we can stay in the BCC.

I'm not sure how many of my cels I'll have with me this year. I thought I had a hotel room, but now I think it might have fallen through, so I might be commuting to/from (1 hour). :l
Ryouko wrote:I'll be bringing along a few of my cels to get signed by this year's guests (Tomokazu Seki @_@;), so I figured if I bring a few, it's not much harder to just drag a whole book.
I totally vote to bring more FY cels, Ryouko! :dgrin
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Unless something really changes with my schedule, I'll be there again this year. Deanna/blueshinma has been organizing the event the last few years, but I know she is much more busy at the moment than she has been in the past. I don't know if she will have the time. I'm fine with the same place, but wouldn't have any objections if there are good alternatives.

Trying to find empty space in the convention center generally doesn't work very well. We have been hassled before, even when the rooms seemed unoccupied.

BTW, I believe the front page is still occasionally scrolling pictures from the event two years ago. You can probably get a feel for the place we have been meeting from those.

Hope to see everyone back there again this year, and will be great to see a few new faces. :)
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

I'll be going for one day, Friday. So I'm sure I'll probably miss the gathering. Maybe I'll catch some of you in the dealers room. :wink:
genomexec
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by genomexec »

I'll be at the con for sure, and I'll come to a little pow-wow as long as it's at a good time!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Congratulations. I am very happy for you.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

genomexec wrote:I'll be at the con for sure, and I'll come to a little pow-wow as long as it's at a good time!
You live in my area! lol Awesome. :D
Nelia
Kishin - Fierce God

^_^!

Post by Nelia »

How awesome! I'm definetly going to Otakon this year. :D Last year I was lucky enough to meet Nobuteru Yuki. :D! (And this year, as said, the Seiyuu for Van will be there!).

Image (I'm on the right :D!)

I hope we all can meet up again at a RS meet! ^_^
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I am not sure if I can quantify the answer. I'm glad you liked it Nelia.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

I'm not sure if I'll have time to actually sit down and eat, but I can at least drop by. I haven't shared my cels with anyone in person in about four or five years. n.n;

I'll be doing a lot of cosplay and hosting a few panels this year, thus my schedule will be kind of whacked.
Webmistress and owner of Picture Perfect:
http://www.rockman-exe.com/picture.html
http://ryouko.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Always looking for high-quality Tamahome, Tasuki or Boshi-twin cels!
genomexec
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by genomexec »

Queen_Serenity wrote:
genomexec wrote:I'll be at the con for sure, and I'll come to a little pow-wow as long as it's at a good time!
Right on, another rare member of the VA cel collecting community.
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

genomexec wrote:
Queen_Serenity wrote:
Right on, another rare member of the VA cel collecting community.
lol That's right. :P
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

Well i finally said "enough is enough.." and I just renewed my membership for otakon 2007! Can't wait for the con next month. Anyone going to be there Thursday for pre-badge pickup? (Last year was my first con and i was running late so i ended up missing it.. But this year i plan to be there..)
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

About time, EOP. :P lol I won't be picking up on Thursday, thanks to the nasty drive, but I hope to see you on Friday! ^-^