Gathering for A-kon - 3PM After Cel Panel

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

There won't be anything there that you want......go by there later.......move along. :wink:

These aren't the droids you are looking for :D

Still debating wether I am going, and bringing cels is definitely a lot of effort down there. Can't leave them in the car in Texas weather and carrying many all day is a pain. I usually just ride the train down since a stop is a block away.
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

iwakuralain16 wrote:
wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:Maybe we can meet up at Curt's table and elbow each other while we browse through the cels :wink: :D
*hiss*

LOL Ill be there early friday, when the dealers room opens or roughly around that time. that would make sense for us to meet up there. LOL
Well, that's two votes in favor of the battle royale style meet n' greet. :box1: :D
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

Oh, what about in the tabletop gaming room, that's on the hotel side second floor? My friends and I hang out there every year just to draw or hangout, there's no one that really regulates the place. They have tables and it's quiet. :3
Webmistress and owner of Picture Perfect:
http://www.rockman-exe.com/picture.html
http://ryouko.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Always looking for high-quality Tamahome, Tasuki or Boshi-twin cels!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How well do you know these people?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I remember that room.. or maybe i am mistaking it for the "manga library" that they had? it was next to the food place. food served by hotel that is.

HMM. I dont care. @_@ I prefer on friday because im most likely will only be going one day this year, but you never know. @_@
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

It's actually the room that's at the end of the hallway that leads over to the actual convention center - you know, that glass indoor overpass. It's a pretty big room, there was plenty of empty space last year.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Is it inside the glass overpass? Because that thing was flaming hot last year: no AC. One side leads to the lower level of the Mall of America, filled with a food court and restaurants. That might be an ok place to meet. It's air conditioned, not too crowded or noisy and technically outside of the con (even tho con goers hang there). Plus, it's free. Just something to consider.

Are we supposed to bring cels? I would like to, but would feel very paranoid about lugging them around with me and losing 'em. X|
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

No, it's inside the hotel.... it's an actual room, not a hallway. It's just down the way from it.

If others bring their cels, I have no problem brining some of mine.
Labinnah

Post by Labinnah »

Heh, I just brought my cels to Chicago and back, so I certainly wouldn't mind bringing em down the street for this. :)
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I will bring a large book with cels in it. IM going to take a few out before i leave so i can put a few more in there. My boyfriend is coming with me so Im going to get him to help me "lug" it around. HAHAHA

What time should we meet up? We can meet at mall of america or the room outside of the overpass that leads from it. Which day are we going to meet up as well? :D :D
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

I'll be there Saturday only; sorry iwakura. I think that meeting at Curt's table would be easiest. I'm sure we'll be there in between panels and signings. :D I'll have a few people in tow.

I brought cels one year, and that proved to be far too big of a pain in the butt. I like conning light... makes it easier to hold all of my goodies.
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

Well, I've made my flight reservation, so it looks like I'll be there. I don't mind bringing a few cels along if anyone is interested in seeing anything. I'll definitely be bringing along an empty book in case I end up buying anything. :)

I won't have a room. Staying with my parents. Anyway, looking forward to seeing you guys.
cscratch
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by cscratch »

I have been kicking around the idea of heading to A-kon for the first time and just wanted to see what everyone's impressions are of the dealer selection that will be represented there. Browsing this thread, it definitely looks like Curt from Asylum will be there (yay!), and checking the a-kon site, it doesn't look like they have a dealers list posted (or I might not be looking in the right spot). Do you guys know if anyone else is going be there, cel dealer-wise?

(Thanks!! :D )
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Don't mention it.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Most cel dealers don't bother to travel as far South/East as TX. They tend to stay in CA, for the big anime cons on the West coast. Curt is definitely the biggest cel dealer present at A-kon every year. There will be smaller dealers who specialize in other things and they will sometimes have a few cels for sale as well.