Gathering for A-kon - 3PM After Cel Panel

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Im picking up my badge tonight!! going to leave in a couple of hours to fight traffic (WOO). I think after the panel will do. Panel is on Saturday and ill have to look at the schedule to check the time again. I have to get back to work on time so i can clock out for vacation(on lunch right now LOL). Ill have to post abotu this from work to look up the time. gtg @_@ sorry!!~
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

For some reason the schedule is not working. I beleive the panel is around 1 or 2 in the afternoonon saturday. I will check and see if they have panels listed tonight. I will be around there to pick up my badge. If anyone needs me send me an e-mail at Iwakuralain16 AT sbcglobal.net Ill have access all weekend on my phone. :D Didnt want to leave my number sorry @_@ hahaha
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Hello all!! ^-^

If you guys wanted to meet up, the cel painting class will end at 3pm (or so that is how i read the schedule. I will be attending the class and if anyone wants to join it starts at 1pm at Houston C (C-33) Classroom (170 - Whiteboard). I was just writting what is on the schedule. haha I hope i get to see some people this weekend! Ill be in line for the dealers room on Friday and will have my cel book in hand to put cels in. :D lol

hope to see you all there!! ^-^
Labinnah

Post by Labinnah »

I'm heading up tonight to walk around a bit and will be there tomorrow with my cel book for the meet. :)
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I should be going to the cel class tomorrow and the meet up. The dealers room already drained me dry. ~_~ lol
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Just got back. The dealers room was fun but it seemed like there was less stuff. At least, less stuff that interested me. I'm used to liking the niche things, but overall, there just wasn't as much going on, as much to see, do, touch, feel, whatever. The isles felt bigger too, much wider. Everything was stacked up high. Remember the good ol' days when you could rummage through boxes of goodies and piles of crap? It seemed like everything was displayed inside clear cases, you point and say "I want that" and boom! You're done. Seeing Suicide Girls as a sponsor kind of lets you know it's become a big time/corporate convention. Tomorrow should be a mad house, I suspect.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

The good old days were when everything wasn't licensed and you could see anime fresh from Japan (pre download days) and the dealers room was exotic because you couldn't get everything on eBay everyday :l

That was about fifteen years ago 8)
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

The dealers room was alright. I was excited more about cels than anything else. One stop shopin for me this time around.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

One what?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

glorff wrote:The good old days were when everything wasn't licensed and you could see anime fresh from Japan (pre download days) and the dealers room was exotic because you couldn't get everything on eBay everyday :l
Hmm...so it's not just me who's thinking these things? :D

I think those limits greatly added to a convention's uniqueness and atmosphere.
Labinnah

Post by Labinnah »

iwakuralain16 wrote:The dealers room was alright. I was excited more about cels than anything else. One stop shopin for me this time around.
Who was in there? Anyone other than Kurt?
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I dont remember seeing any other cel dealers there. ~_~ then again i was running around the place like a rabid animal trying to find him when i got in. LOL
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Sorry for being a crappy organizer for the meet up. Turns out the cel panel ended at 4! So Labinnah showed up at 3 :D Other than that no one showed up at 3 or 4 when the panel was over o_O lol maybe better luck at Afest or next year ^_^
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I met up with Jcaliff and we looked for others. The cel painting never really "ended", so I hung out outside the room for a while and then went in and sat near the back with a cel book on the table in hopes that someone on their way out would notice. Thats how we met up. Anyone notice a big guy in a cowboy hat come in? That was me.

Sorry I missed everyone else :l

Animefest is a lot easier to find people and Jcaliff suggested some kind of printable logo or something that we could use to identify ourselves.
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I dont remember a cowboy hat...HAHAH oh man this is funny. We were all kinda in the same area. around 3:20ish we left in pursuit of food because the cel class let out at 4ish I thought. then 4 came around and people came out of the room and a line for the next panel went in and THEN a huge swarm of video game cosplayers filled that end of the hall. LOL

oh well @_@ A logo will be good for next time. :D