AX 2007 Cel Collectors Panel

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

AX 2007 Cel Collectors Panel

Post by rallihir »

I have finally secured a time and place for the cel panel presentation at AX 2007. The following is the time and location for the panel:

"Anime Cel Collectors Panel"
Saturday, June 30
Live Programming 3 (LBCC 201, ~300 seats)
6:00 PM - 6:50 PM

This years topic will be the cel and sketch animation process presented by me, courtesy of our very own #1 CCS collector sensei

Hopefully I will not be too jet lagged from flying back from Tokyo Friday June 29th and will be able to successfully pull off the presentation. But I know if I collapse on the stage, one of you will carry on for the presentation :wink: :wink:

Afterwards, we will adjourn across the street for the RS dinner. Of course, all are welcome to bring their cels for viewing and sharing at this panel.

See you all there,

rallihir
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

I'm glad you got the time worked out satifactorly.

I'll be willing to help , just don't get delayed like last year due to the people at AX not letting you get to the room. I can only do the song & dance so long till they tire of me.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Drakonia
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Drakonia »

Um....I just wanted to double check the date and time for the gathering. :?

On the Anime Expo Site, under Programming -> Schedule -> Event Descriptions, it lists the Cel Collectors Panel as occuring on Sunday, July 1st, 2007 from 7:00pm to 7:50 pm in LP4 and this was updated on June 6th of 2007. Any reason why this would be the case or is this just another scenario of me being at the wrong place at the wrong time? X|

:shrug
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I just negotiated the new time with May, the director of programming yesterday, since there was a panel at that time that wanted to change their time slot. The original time slot they were going to give to us was Sunday July 1st at 7:00 - 8:00 pm.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Thanks, Craig, for organizing this event again. I wish I could come myself and do the honors, but I'm doing major housecleaning in prep for a probable move. Looks like I won't be doing the con scene this summer.
The presentation is similar to the one Rei showed at Katsucon, with a lot of scans that dissolve into each other, but with a new bit added about Mushishi artboards. Feel free to cut out parts that aren't as fresh or relevant for this audience: teaching is supposed to be entertaining, not a long drag through Everything.
our very own #1 CCS collector
:emb . . . . . . [Under 20,000 yen category...] . . . . . . :emb

Otherwise Rei, Otakusin, that guy out west with all the hankens, and a bunch of others might wanna challenge that rating. But thanks -- I wuv what I can get and am continually surprised when I do manage to snag something really important within my financial limits.

Have a great time in Japan, rallihir, and everyone else enjoy AX to the MAX!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

If there's any cels you'd like me to bring for your show and tell section, let me know. I'd love to help.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

cutiebunny wrote:If there's any cels you'd like me to bring for your show and tell section, let me know. I'd love to help.
Feel free to bring any cels that you would like to share with fellow collectors. There will only be about 40 minutes of didactics, so there will be some sharing time.