OK, so, a cel meet at Otakon this year, or not?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Nelia
Kishin - Fierce God

OK, so, a cel meet at Otakon this year, or not?

Post by Nelia »

I haven't heard any definite "Yes" "No"/ Time or place sort of stuff. Is there going to be a cel meet at Otakon this year? All I've heard is rumors, nothing really steady.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Yes, we will have a meeting. Sounds like the usual group, plus several extra, are up for it so all we have to do is pick a place and a time. My assumption has been that we would do the same place we did last year. It doesn't really require a reservation, has good beer, decent food, and less hassle than any of the other places to which I've been at many other con cel gatherings. However, if someone has a better suggestion, I'm certainly willing to entertain the discussion. It's really difficult to find a place that has adequate lighting, good food, and that is okay with a group as large as us who will camp out for several hours.

I know that some people may not be in town at this point, but Friday night generally seems to be the best option. There is generally just too much going on Saturday night, and not enough people are in town on Thursday. If I'm wrong, and these other days are fine with others feel free to speak up. I'll even be in early enough do Thursday night, and will not have the cosplay conflict on later nights that I'm afraid will impact too many people.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next month!

Roert
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

That opts me out then, since I can't afford to buy food at this con. n.n; Maybe next year.
Webmistress and owner of Picture Perfect:
http://www.rockman-exe.com/picture.html
http://ryouko.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Always looking for high-quality Tamahome, Tasuki or Boshi-twin cels!
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Ryouko wrote:That opts me out then, since I can't afford to buy food at this con. n.n; Maybe next year.
The place we have been going is kind of like a bar/lounge area. I'm sure you could get by with just ordering a coke or beer. It's nothing fancy, so don't let that stop you. I'm sure many of us would love to see your Fushigi Yuugi cels. :)
Last edited by frozentime on Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What makes you so certain? I could but let's get back to that later.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

Ahh, sou ka. :3 that would be fine then. ^^ I was thinking you meant more of a resturaunt kind of place. What place exactly are you talking about?
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

I'm arriving Thursday evening too, but I don't know how long I'll be in line to pick up my badge. Friday sounds like the best choice.
Ryouko wrote:Ahh, sou ka. :3 that would be fine then. ^^ I was thinking you meant more of a resturaunt kind of place. What place exactly are you talking about?
For the past couple of years it's been the restaurant/bar over at the Holiday Inn (hotel 2 on the Otakon map). I don't remember anyone eating last year, so I think you'll be fine. :) If the hotel decides to be a hardass about ordering, I'm sure I can swing a drink for ya - especially if it means seeing some of your collection. :wink:
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

haha XD I should be good. I know where that is, I'm staying at the Days Inn, which is right next door. My boyfriend will probably tag along. :)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Order a Blue Moon (that brand doesn't contribute to line fading) and you'll be fine, and feel fine. Someone order an extra one for me: I'll be a hundred miles to the east moving furniture, boxes, and books.
Nelia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nelia »

Thanks you guys! ^_^ That's really awesome, I hope to see you guys there, then! ^_^

Is there a specific time, yet?
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

The panel I am helping to host this year (Fomicry: The NEW Magitech) has been scheduled for Friday night, 8 - 9pm, with a photoshoot afterwards. Soo... that pretty much counts me out. n.n;
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

Alright 2 days till con... I just was curious if a place has been reached as to where the meet will be time/place.. also who plans to be there? Can't wait till the con... Can you? 8)
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Hi EternityOfPain. We are going to meet at the same place we have met the last two years. This is the Holiday Inn near the convention center. I believe if you face out from the convention center it is up a couple of blocks and over to the left a block or two. Check a map though, instead of going by these directions. ^_^; We will meet in the restaurant on the first floor, which doubles as a bar/lounge, at 9PM on Friday night. If you wish to eat there, it might be a good idea to arrive a little earlier and order. 9PM is when the books get pulled out, and it seems like we never have enough time to really look at things. We are starting a little late to give everyone a chance to finish up at the con and grab food.

Robert
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Ah, you beat me ft. :)

:( Sucks you can't make it Ryouko! Hopefully we'll both attend another con so I can see part of your collection!
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

Thanks for all the info. Just curious but how many people tend to show up?
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.