Animefest-- ABe autograph policy?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Animefest-- ABe autograph policy?

Post by Shampoo »

Hey guys!!

This is a totally 911 question, I'm thinking about driving after work to Dallas
to see if we can get cel-senpai an ABe autograph since he's the honored guest.
However, Animefest failed to put on their website what exactly their
autograph policy is.

Do they only allow 1 item to be autographed per person?
Is it thru lottery like AnimeExpo is?

Anyone been to Animefest before please shed some light!
Id *hate* to drive there 10 hrs only to find out its thru lottery
or preregisteration or some bullcrap like that >_<
Thanks guys!

:jump
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

Yeah... you'll have no problem getting an autograph. AnimeFEST is a small convention, held inside a hotel. It's an awesome one though, they get good guests and the hotel is beautiful. This will be my first year not going due to funds and work, which makes me really sad.

You won't be disappointed, though. Even with FLOW last year, they got autographs for everyone. (People who went to the panel got priority, though)
Webmistress and owner of Picture Perfect:
http://www.rockman-exe.com/picture.html
http://ryouko.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Always looking for high-quality Tamahome, Tasuki or Boshi-twin cels!
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

There are more people in any autograph line at AX than there are at the whole Animefest convention :wink: It is the kind of convention where you can have a beer with the guests if you are in the right place at the right time :)
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

:-) Where are they?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

glorff wrote:There are more people in any autograph line at AX than there are at the whole Animefest convention :wink: It is the kind of convention where you can have a beer with the guests if you are in the right place at the right time :)
I Just looked through their program book and didnt find any rules in there. I wanted to meet Scott Kurtz but i couldnt find him and i got tired and had my cels already and now I am home. :D
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Post by grEenLeaFx »

They usually announce only 2 items signed per person, or thats what its been the few years I've attended. Though, I don't think it's strictly enforced.

I wasn't going to go this year, but as luck has it I'll be in Dallas this weekend. I got VIP tix to meet Incubus in person, and my buddy got reservations at the Hyatt where the con is being held. So I'll be there Sat-Mon. I recommend going to the pannel first, then you'll get more info on where and when he will be signing autographs. At AnimeFEST they do occasionally change the time and place where guests have their autograph sessions so don't be surprised if they do, thats why its good to go to the pannel first if you can. I'll try and have ABe draw and sign on a shikishi board for me lol (and Murase too). Well hope you have a great time.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Oh *phewwww*
Thank the GODS!! :dban:
Thank you thank you thank you to all who have replied to this thread!
:wave:
I've never been to AF so I had no idea what I'd be up against :emb
I'm use to going to the 15k+ ppl cons and know what a nightmare it is
to get an autograph. And seeing as thou our lil trip is last min
I really wanted to double check before making the long drive.
But looks like I'll be going afterall! ^__^

Thanks all!!
:bow :bow :bow :bubbles

Mucho hugs glomps and luv!!!

:ghug: :friends:
:jump
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Check out my pic in the member gallery and stop by in the artist alley at Wild Wolf Forge(right in the front) and ask if I am around "Dave" or look for the big guy in the whit cowboy hat. :wink:
Dave

RalphVboy

Post by RalphVboy »

Wow, I think I can actually go this con too seeing as I now have a Monday through Friday job 8O Is the crowd as busy as A-kon? I hope to see some of y'all there :)

- RalphVboy
Last edited by RalphVboy on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I'm glad you're impressed. Since when? Oh you can, can you?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

RalphVboy wrote:Wow, I think I can actually go this con too seeing as I now have a Monday through Friday job 8O Is the crowd as busy as A-kon? I hope to see some of y'all there :)

- RalphVboy
Crowd is no where near as big as A-kon. the bussiest day will be Saturday because all of the kids will be out of school but it is only a fraction of what a-kon is. The dealers room is okay. I found a few cute things in there but other than that I was bored. I was thinking about going back on Saturday to get a signature from Scott Kurtz but it almost doesnt seem worth it at this point in time. We will see o_o

This is a good con to go to because it is smaller so you have a higher chance of running into people you know. Oh yeah the drinks at the bar are nice... haha