WAY early but . . . AX2008?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Shampoo wrote:
duotrouble wrote:
transmet wrote:- and it's going to be hot.
:crackup Okay! That's funny to me! :crackup I was told the same thing when I went in 2005. That was my first time ever to LA. I nearly froze to death it was so cold (75-80). I live in the deep south with July temps in the humid 90s. ]

LMAO!!!
:hitting:
Same here Erin!
:rollin

I actually had to go out to the souvenir shop next door and BUY a fleece
hoodie I was so damn cold.
8O

Olivia, Brian, and Joe can attest! I had to wear my Kiba hoodie
at the Rubberslug fest because I was so cold and only brought
sleeveless apparel for going out since I was told the weather was
comparable to Florida's.
yea right :tongue :cucu
I can't promise it will be like Florida since we do not have the humidity but I can state with certainty it will be much warmer that where you are living currently Marie :nya:
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

JWR wrote: I can't promise it will be like Florida since we do not have the humidity but I can state with certainty it will be much warmer that where you are living currently
Marie :nya:
LMAO!
:rollin
Aint it the truth! :D
Hell my ferret's fresh crap on the paper is warmer
Last edited by Shampoo on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

I'm going since I live close by...Maybe an hour or a half? 30 min without traffic :P Plus my dad is dropping us off...so no parking problems....

I'm going with my sister...not sure what day though...
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

LA in the summertime is no fun at all. Add to that the pollution, and you better bring some allergy meds and eyedrops if you are sensitive to that stuff.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

blueheaven wrote:LA in the summertime is no fun at all. Add to that the pollution, and you better bring some allergy meds and eyedrops if you are sensitive to that stuff.
Especially if you are prone to migraines. Image
Carla
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Carla »

Hey, Carla, here's their website. It looks like they've added since I went there a couple of days ago - not much though. 8O

http://www.anime-expo.org/
Thanks duotrouble :wink:

I was curious so a couple of days ago I called around for the price of plane tickets I was shocked 8O There actually not to bad right now :^^:

Advice to people who are flying this is the best time to buy tickets don't wait in till summer the prices will double 8O

I probably won't be going :l but I want to hear all about it when you guys go :)
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I'' definitely be trying to go. Like the sentiments of others, the LA convention center is not a picturesque site. It is larger, but the surroundings do not have much going for them. Hopefully, I'll have my cosplay done before then.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
JWR

Post by JWR »

Some good info in this forum from one of those who are to be involved with the planning of this years AX.
http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php?showtopic=7142

Seems hopeful that a 24hr shuttle service simular to Comic-con between the convention center and hotels as well as additional security may be in the works.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Did anyone book their rooms yet?
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

I most likely won't go this year. I really want to go to Comic-con, and I would rather do one con and have enough money rather than do both and scrape by.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Jury's still out whether I can make it or not. I should know by May. (not looking forward to trying to get a hotel then but you do what you gotta do)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
purple-plum
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by purple-plum »

hey everyone,
I'll be there this year...and definately try booking rooms with the anime expo name, there is a huge discount -_- I think I'm paying $130 for a room per night. I''ll be there early and later due to set up for dealers 7/1 -7/7 come stop by our booth! although there won't be any cels =( we enter all conventions as "Anime Stuff Store" seems that it is easier to remember than Purple Plum. Look forward to meeting everyone =)

~Katie
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Is any one crazy enough to tackle the logistical nightmare that will be Slugfest LA?

Is someone already planning it and I just missed it somewhere?
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

JWR wrote:My wife Maria & I will be there helping Curt and I have been looking for a place for our 4th annual Beta/RS Slugfest cel gathering.

If enough would be interested , I will look into the cost of hiring a shuttle bus to take those that would want to attend the dinner then back to convention center & hotels.
Looks like its been taken care of!! :)
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Well, it's a no go for AX and Comic-con. I've got a friend who has a car she wants to sell, so I will be spending my summer saving money and getting my driver's license. It'll be nice to be able to drive again.