WAY early but . . . AX2008?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

There are quite a few people listed as guests now.

No one stood out to me on the Guest of Honor list.
There is only one American VA on the Industry guest list, and that's "the legendary" (their words not mine) Vic Mignogna. Personally, I think they are calling him old.
The rest of the Industry guest list is "rounded out" with a few ladies who write Yaoi manga from Italy, and (what seems like) the entire production cast for Robot Chicken.

I wasn't looking for it specifically, but I didn't spot a Cel Panel on the schedule.

So for me it looks like another year of absolutely pointless lines, that I will endure so that I can try to spend too much money. Fantastic.

How about you guys? See anyone on the lists that makes you happy?
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Well, you might have seen my blog not too long ago. Due to my own forgetfulness, I can't go. I totally forgot about other obligations that have to be done this year such as a "landmark" birthday celebration and a class reunion. Why does everything have to happen in June & July for me? Why can't something happen in August? August is always boring. /pif I petition for AX to move to August. I already have AWA in September so August would be good. :)

On to your point though, ducky, I haven't seen anyone on the guest list I feel like I'm going to be missing. As much as I like Vic, I've met him several times already. He'll be at AWA again so I'm good there. I hate Robot Chicken so no problem. And meeting the yaoi ladies from Italy might just make me homesick to go back to Italy. :roll:

Going to have to find another way to harass GK this year. :nya:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Interesting. No, but i have seen the best minds of my generation become beat poets.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Mara
Anime Geek

Post by Mara »

Oh, no.

I just saw that Toshihiko Seki is going to be there! He's the seiyuu of Duo Maxwell. If there were the slightest chance I could attend AX, now I would do it, but I really can't afford to. How I would love to get one of my Duo cels signed...
If anyone here goes to the Toshihiko Seki panel, please post a report about it! :)
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

duotrouble wrote:Well, you might have seen my blog not too long ago. Due to my own forgetfulness, I can't go.
Dang it! Well if you're not busy in April, you can come to Kawaii Kon. :D
(of course, next year I might not be here to meet you.)