Backlotanimation Welcomes Steve Bennett to the Fla. FXshow

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
backlotanimation
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Backlotanimation Welcomes Steve Bennett to the Fla. FXshow

Post by backlotanimation »

Backlotanimation would like to Welcome 'Steve Bennett IV' to the FXshow in Orlando Florida, Jan 25th-27th 2008.
www.fxshow.com
www.stevebennettart.com

Come on down and join Steve and Myself(Roy) at the show it should be a fun time, I'll knock 5% off the total of your order if you tell me your from Anime Beta or Rubberslug. AB and RS Ladies come get a free bracelet.
Steve will sign anything including the family pet if needed,Hahahaha!
We should have some production Cel art from some of the shows he worked on for sale, and Steve's haul of booty he brings to the shows,so come on down and say Hi to Steve and have a good time at the show, and remember Steve can draw anything so hit him up for a drawing or two he does killer commissions at his artist table.
Ask him about the new book he and others are working on!

Drive safe and have fun!!!!
Roy Ezell [8)] (DBA) Backlotanimation
"And that is why you fail!"
Yoda
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I haven't seen Steve since 1999 Anime Weekend Atlanta. At the time I was with a boyfriend who was much shorter than me and Steve took a pic of us. Plus I was dress resembling Lane from Serial Experiment Lane. :P Not sure actually which reason it was he took the pic, lol. I miss those days when I frequented the con's.

I hope you guys have fun. Wish FL wasn't so far away from me now.
backlotanimation
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Hiya Sugarflower,

Thanks for the post.
Steve has not changed he is the same guy he was back then and as always he is a hoot to talk to.
I bet he still has the pics of you in his files somewhere.

If you ever get a chance to meet him at a con go for it,he loves to talk to anime fans of all types and some of his panels can get a little bit wild.>_O

Have fun and support your local cons so they can keep coming back year after year.

Take care,
Roy 8) (DBA) Backlotanimation
Yoda
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

When you guys see Steve, ask him about his "how to talk to girls" panel in Tampa.

Some things make me worry about anime fans, seriously.
backlotanimation
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Hiya miz ducky,

I've had a booth at Metro Con in Tampa(My home town) for the last 4 years,maybe we met and did not know each other,I use the name Backlotanimation at the cons I do,If ever your in town for that show look me up and say howdy I love to meet folks I talk to online.
That goes for anyone, if your at any of the Fla cons look me up in the dealers rooms and say howdy,I do about 98% of the Florida cons,Anime,Animation,Toy and Comic shows.

Roy 8) (DBA) Backlotanimation
Yoda
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

We did meet at metrocon in 2006. I was still very very new to the hobby, and you gave me my Yat collection (which I'm about to add to when I get around to scanning). My friend that I was with, suggested that you start coming up to AWA, and I think you did that year if I remember correctly. He also bought one of your US cereal commercial cels.

BTW, that same friend is starting a show in Miami coming up so keep your eyes pealed.

:wink:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How well do you know this person?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

I know him very well. We attend cons all over the place together.
backlotanimation
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Thats the bad thing about screen names,sometimes it's hard to put two and two together.
I do remember now that you remind me,didn't you get some of the little pink cat girl ones,I think? I sold a few Yat cels at that con.
I think your friend got a sugar bear cel or was it the tide soap football guy?
Now that I think about it I sold a bunch of cels that weekend.

You said: BTW, that same friend is starting a show in Miami coming up so keep your eyes pealed.

Please have him PM or email me when he gets all setup<I'm always looking for new cons in Florida,Tell him I like to donate prizes for the contests for a line or two in the con guides.
I may even be able to hook him up with a few anime guests if he needs them atleast I can pass a few names on to him with contact info and he can take it from there.

Take care and I hope to see you around at some more cons.

Roy (DBA) Backlotanimation
Yoda
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

backlotanimation wrote:I do remember now that you remind me,didn't you get some of the little pink cat girl ones,I think? I sold a few Yat cels at that con.
I think your friend got a sugar bear cel or was it the tide soap football guy?

Please have him PM or email me when he gets all setup<I'm always looking for new cons in Florida,Tell him I like to donate prizes for the contests for a line or two in the con guides.
I may even be able to hook him up with a few anime guests if he needs them atleast I can pass a few names on to him with contact info and he can take it from there.
You got it! I think he got the sugar bear.
They are pretty well connected when it comes to guests, but it never hurts to ask. I'll PM you.