Anyone go to Tampa, FL Animemetro...??

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Serendipity_Collections
Shinigami - Moderator
Shinigami - Moderator

Anyone go to Tampa, FL Animemetro...??

Post by Serendipity_Collections »

What's it like. I am sure nowhere near Anime Expo in CA but how are the overall dealers in the dealers room...?? I am thinking of going and aside from looking and buying the manga and DVD's in US releases I am looking for Japanese collectables anime related.. Do they have a good selection..??

Jelenity~
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Metrocon 2004 was my second con ever (following Jacon 2004).

I went back for Metrocon 2006 and was severely disappointed.
The chess match was interesting to see in person. But unfortunately, it was obviously amateur (as in, I don't mind something being an amateur work if it's well done, but something about the chess match made me just say "well I guess they did their best" as opposed to, "wow, they did a great job").
They seemed extremely understaffed that year.
There was an over abundance of "anime dating game" or "how to talk to girls" panels. Yes those were the actual names of two of the panels that they held. I didn't care to remember all of them.

Overall, it just had the feeling of a bunch of people wandering aimlessly for the majority of the time, instead of an organized event.

I hope it has improved. I liked it in 2004.
Serendipity_Collections
Shinigami - Moderator
Shinigami - Moderator

Post by Serendipity_Collections »

Ah damn! If you were coming I could put a name to the face and take you to Disney! LOL. You will need to come one of these years so I can meet you. It would be nice to put a name to the face and the person who bought all the FB sketches, LOL. Next month there is one in Orlando.. Ever been to that one..?? If so how was it..?

Jelenity~
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Do you mean Jacon? (looks it up...) Nope Jacon was in May (yep, thought it would be over by now).

AAAHhh! AFO, Anime Festival Orlando, nope never went to that one. I probably had to work or something.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

AFO is pretty small but the cosplayers are cupcakes!
Really nice loyal anime crowd. :)

The dealers room thou is exceedingly small.
:wow:
Probably around 20 booths --thats about it.
The only dealer that had cels there when I went was
Anime Castle (i think?) or maybe it was Anime Collectibles..
in any case they only sold CCS, RayEarth, and El Hazard.

The guests are almost all English V.A.

Hope that info helps!
:)