Is anyone going to Ohayocon?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Is anyone going to Ohayocon?

Post by toonybabe »

This will be my first year going, even though I've lived in Ohio my whole life. Has anyone gone to it before? What is the cel selection like?
Nelia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nelia »

I went last year.

All of the guests are American. I saw no cel panels or cel dealers whatsoever, only the typical dealers with plushies, trinkets, and cosplay. Also, they artists were kind of scattered around and were also in a centralized place, so it was hard to find artists you may have been looking for. They may have changed it since, but that was my experience. I'm choosing to go to Animazement (animazement.com) and Otakon (otakon.com) this year instead of Ohayocon.
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by toonybabe »

Wow, when you put it that way, it doesn't sound like its worth the $30 to get in! I'm low on cash too so if there are no cels, then there isn't much point. I may still go, though. I haven't decided yet. :?
Nelia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nelia »

Yeah, it was kind of a drag. I'd honestly save up for another midwestern state convention if I were you.

I go as far as 6 hours from NC to go to Otakon in Baltimore MD, and it's super fun. I've also left for Otakon from Mansfield, Ohio, and it was about 7 hours. Don't know if you're willing to go that far for a con, but they have a dealer's room the size of a football field almost, with four or five booths that have cels.