To all those in the Los Angeles adjacent areas...

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
transmet
Senpai - Elder

To all those in the Los Angeles adjacent areas...

Post by transmet »

The Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena is having an exhibit which runs from Feb. 19 through August 9 that
some of you might find interesting: http://www.pacificasiamuseum.org/calend ... amurai.htm

"The Samurai Re-Imagined explores the roots of the popular Japanese art forms of manga
(graphic novels) and anime (animation) in the traditional arts of Japan by examining images
of the iconic warrior, the samurai. By juxtaposing depictions of samurai in Edo era woodblock
prints, ink paintings, historical photographs, animation cels and drawings, original manga panels,
and toys, the exhibition will demonstrate the ongoing links between fine art and popular culture in Japan."

I'm proud to say that it will be featuring several pieces from my collection alongside many others and
promises to be a very interesting experience. If anyone is interested in attending the opening, please
let me know because I'm due some passes that will get you in for free. After that, I will be attending
a few of the events including March 22 with Stan Sakai as well as (at least some of) the Anime Film Festival.

Hope to see some of you there! :wink:
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

That looks really cool.
Last edited by iwakuralain16 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That's pretty neat Transmet. /no1
GuyvarIII

Post by GuyvarIII »

I’ll be sure to check it out.

There’s no way I’d miss something that uses Thunder Jet / Rai in the advertising of their event.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

wow, how cool and what an honor to have some of your cels featured... this looks like a lot of fun. :D
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

For any of you who are interested, I've posted some pics of last night's event in my album.

What a turnout, and it all went off without a hitch. They served complimentary sake and hors d'oeuvres during the introduction and then proceeded with a tour of the exhibits. All of the pics of me next to my artwork on display were taken with another camera - so when I get those I'll post the rest. But for now, enjoy! And again, anyone in the area should make a point of trying to come by since it'll be up for the next 5 months. I really is refreshing to see the art finally given the legitimacy it so rightly deserves. :^^: