Anime eXpo 2009

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

miz ducky wrote:Wow, it sounds like the cel dealers will be wondering what happened to their customers.
I was thinking the same thing.

The Comic Con has always been much more convenient for me than Anime Expo. Expo requires that I take off of work during the busiest time of the year. The Comic Con is only 15 minutes or so away. I can work at night and go to the con during the day (nap in my car during stuff I'm not interested in). Also as other people have stated, I do not care for the current location of Anime Expo.
aethel
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by aethel »

I base all my con decisions be weighting how difficult it would be to get to against how much they have guests I want to see.

I live on the East Coast, so I attended Expo only once, when Kozue Yamamoto (who I doubt means much to many other people) attended.

Probably the only guest that would draw me that far again would be if Kakinouchi Narumi ever attended again. I keep checking.
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

I want so much to go to Anime Expo but it won't be this year it looks like. Important real life stuff might be happening for my family so I'm holding up everything... Besides AX will take a lot of planning since I'm in the midwest and don't know anybody there. Heh... I need to drag my page with me. LOL. :D
My Cel & Sketch Gallery: http://hajimenokizu.com
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

aethel wrote:Probably the only guest that would draw me that far again would be if Kakinouchi Narumi ever attended again. I keep checking.
You're not the only one who be guaranteed to attend that con. :) I've been trying for years to get the guest organizers to bring her over, but it doesn't look good. :(

I'm unlikely to attend AX again in the near future unless there are some particular guests, or if business travel just happens to have me out there.
Comic-con has been more interesting, and I can't justify that many personal trips to the west coast that close together.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Sounds like Comic Con is the place to be!! :wink:
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

I would love to go to comic con this year. My husband and I have discussed it briefly-still in the "will we be able to" stage. Summer con withdrawals!

And it has been much for the reason everyone else has stated. I loved Expo at Anaheim. It was all contained in the three hotels/con center, and it was like a little insulated world. We missed the year it moved to Long Beach, and were planning on hitting the next year when Blammo! Off to LA. I flatly will not attend the con if it is in LA. I've read the Expo forums, and heard the folks gush over the facility, but I'm sorry...it doesn't do it for me. And their reasoning for not going back rings a bit false, since Expo never rented out the entire Anaheim CC.

As for comic con-it's huge (way bigger then any other con I've ever been to), but I have heard nothing but positive things about how registration and panels are handled. And I was drooling last year at some of the panels and guests they had. I would rather go there in a heartbeat, or pick another con (Vegas anyone??), then support Expo in LA.
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Ok, so.....since my two sidekicks are both bugging
out on me this year for A, I need someone to room
with. Anyone looking for a roommate?? I already
have reservation at the Westin. PM me if you are
interested. I have two queen beds, so I am sure I
can accomidate more then just one. :o
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Now you're making me sad :l

Noone shares a bed with Nida but me!! *points finger around the room*

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Fwaps Jenn :wack

If you still loved me, I wouldn't have to be
looking for someone else to sleep with. :redhot
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

Tabbykitty wrote:\ I would rather go there in a heartbeat, or pick another con (Vegas anyone??), then support Expo in LA.
YES!! why does nothing good ever come here?
we have one of the biggest con centers on the west coast for any convention and nothing (good i should say) ever comes here! :l
not to mention im only 15 min from the convention center. :) hehe
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I'm still wishy washy about AX. The only reason I want to go is see my friends and pretty cels. I mainly want to see Midori. However I can't stand LA. :x Sucks.....so I still haven't made up my mind. :P
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Vegas does not do well with Comic cons. We had a huge one here in 2003, but hardly anyone showed up. It was well done, too. Big stars, great artists, and still...nothing.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

There actually is an anime con in vegas...if they make it this year, it'll be their sixth year.

*just checked* looks like it is scheduled for the first week in sept!

http://www.animevegas.com/

I thought about going last year, but it being on labor day weekend was a bit difficult to swing with my job.
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat