AKON Dallas, TX

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

AKON Dallas, TX

Post by glorff »

Anyone heading to AKON this year? Usually there has been something posted by now, but it is a strange year. I can't decide if it is worth going or heading out of town with friends.

:?
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

A-kon sucks more and more every year, so I finally stopped going. I just put those funds towards the dealers room at Otakon instead, and end up far more satisfied. :P
Webmistress and owner of Picture Perfect:
http://www.rockman-exe.com/picture.html
http://ryouko.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Always looking for high-quality Tamahome, Tasuki or Boshi-twin cels!
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

I really do not have the money to go....
I will actually have my bonus check for a-kon weekend as I usually do... and that entire check usually goes to Curt... but this year I have decided not to go. I need that money for my wedding. ~_~
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I usually go. But due to my recent surgery and follow-up appointments, I can't travel for a couple of months. Maybe next year. :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Guess I'm the only one. A-kon is about a 5 minute drive from the house (mostly due to traffic). We never do anything other than the dealer's room and run into old friends. A-kon did something sneaky this year with the dealer's room, they cut off about 1-2 feet off of every table this year in order to jam in more dealer's. Seems shifty, yet I get to see more stuff. I'm morally torn.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:Guess I'm the only one. A-kon is about a 5 minute drive from the house (mostly due to traffic). We never do anything other than the dealer's room and run into old friends. A-kon did something sneaky this year with the dealer's room, they cut off about 1-2 feet off of every table this year in order to jam in more dealer's. Seems shifty, yet I get to see more stuff. I'm morally torn.
Did Curt bring alot of cels? I didn't go... I resisted all weekend.. so far . O_O there is still tomorrow. LOL I was going to sneak off to A-kon Friday afternoon after the FIOS guy finished installing our internet and after I took my dog to the vet.. but my fiance got off of work REALLY early... im talking by 9am early... so he ruined my plans. ~_~ I felt bad about going after he took off early to hang out with me... *drools* I want cels. lol
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Well, it seems about the same to me. I didn't spend much time looking tho, my series interest is pretty limited. Probably nothing you'd be interested in. You should splurge and go tho, see the sights and have a little fun.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |