Who are the AX dealers?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Who are the AX dealers?

Post by moonrabitt »

Who are the dealers that are going to Anime Expo? I know that Midori is going, but does anyone else know who is going?
On Midori, does she usually take all of her stuff, or like half?

-thanks for the help ^_^
Some say that life is like a box of chocolates, I say life is like a box of cake.
Golden Boy

Post by Golden Boy »

Off the top of my head:
Anime Link
Asylum Anime
Anime Ed
Aloha Anime
Nikaku

FYI, Nichibei won't be there this year. Consult the exhibitor's list on the AX site. Happy shopping!

gb :wink:
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

oh wow Aloha Anime is still around
I wish they would answer my emails...............
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Who are the AX dealers?

Post by cutiebunny »

moonrabitt wrote:On Midori, does she usually take all of her stuff, or like half?

-thanks for the help ^_^
My experience with Midori is that she generally has "Con-Only" items with her. Basically, big collectors and even animation studios contract with Midori to sell high end items at really high end prices. The stuff she brings to the Con is generally the only time you will see these items for sale.

In regards to stuff on her site, my roomate from last year(amsterdam) mentioned that, unless you request her to bring a specific item to purchase, she won't bring it.
moonrabitt

Post by moonrabitt »

-Thanks for the list, I'll be glad to see them there ^^

-Aloha anime? They have great stuff, but they don't like to update their site >_<

-Oh....But the things are expensive >_<, I remember seeing a rin with Jaken op cel, last time I went...I could have sworn that she had a special page with the stuff she was taking last time, or maybe I was dreaming??
Can't wait to see what she takes ^_^
(and if anyone wants to split any Naruto sets, since the things cost so much, just post what it is :P)
Some say that life is like a box of chocolates, I say life is like a box of cake.
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Yeah, she definitely had a page showing examples of what she was taking last year, and the year before. But not this time. Not that I could find, anyway.
Trust me. My first trip to AX, and I wanted to know ballpark, what sort of money I needed to stash away.
*sigh*
I'm convinced I'll get there and find something horrendously expensive that I muuuust have. *weep*
Or worse, miss out on said item. X| :P
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

cutiebunny wrote:My experience with Midori is that she generally has "Con-Only" items with her. Basically, big collectors and even animation studios contract with Midori to sell high end items at really high end prices. The stuff she brings to the Con is generally the only time you will see these items for sale.
did anyone see what she brought this time?
any really cool inuyasha stuff? :^^:
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

She had a lot of IY stuff especially a lot of Op cels with backgrounds
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Belldandy16 wrote:did anyone see what she brought this time?
any really cool inuyasha stuff? :^^:
Cels - Inuyasha & Fushigi Yuugi cels were in the majority. Lots of cels with matching backgrounds or matching copy backgrounds.

Sketches - Lots of Bleach & Naruto, a few Rozen Maiden, AMG, some yaoi anime, Loveless & an anime that I can't mention because it's taboo to show off said artwork. There were also some Galaxy Angel and CCS hankens too.

Backgrounds - CCS Movie backgrounds, but only three. A good portion of the IY & FY cels had matching original backgrounds.

Midori brought a lot of stuff, and I'm sure that not all of it sold by the end of AX, so there might be some things that you're looking for.

I trolled around some of the other booths for artwork, but since I didn't look until Saturday, I probably missed out on some really nice items. I didn't see anything that I particularly liked, but, I didn't go through every cel book either. I did notice that not as many people were buying stuff, which was likely due to the economic depression. I saw lots of participants leave the hall empty-handed.

Anime Link did have some nice shikiishi, though.
moonrabitt

Post by moonrabitt »

To my disappointment, I saw only a handful of nice things :l
I expected more, (oh they had great stuff three years ago....)

Midori had some nice stuff....But the only thing I bought where 2 sketches from "FB"

I did talk to Midori, and she said that she would add her stuff to the site, so that's good.....

But the rest of the dealers seem to have the same thing that I have seen before....

p.s- What anime are taboo to show? If ya can tell me via email, hopefully it's not something that I mentioned ^^;
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I've heard that "FB" stuff was not supposed to be released from the studio, and, out of fear of any reprocussion from the studio and sellers, that buyers of FB artwork are told to not publically display it. Because of this, I think that there is a lot more FB artwork out there, but, unless the studio goes under, will likely not be viewable in public galleries.

I don't know what 'nice' FB stuff is, but she did have a lot of sketch packets and layouts with matching BGs. One of the women that was purchasing some of these mentioned that, typically, you'll never get a 'cut' in a packet, but sketches from several different sequences.
Tomuki

Post by Tomuki »

Hello,
Could someone kindly PM me the link to Midori's site please?
I missed AX again this year and curious to see what's new ...
Thanks in advance :)
moonrabitt

Post by moonrabitt »

Oh...well..she did not mention anything to me about hidding them it.....I think that all out my whole collection, I was told to not display one item...I think it was from FB....but besides that, no one else mentioned anything...I think the same is true for any show, specially Gundam Seed....but the seller did not mention anything,so I posted the thing up....
One of the women that was purchasing some of these mentioned that, typically, you'll never get a 'cut' in a packet, but sketches from several different sequences.
It depends on the show. Some of the less known shows may come in complete cuts (I have several) like:
Melody of Oblivion...Digimon...and some others....

On Midori: She had some nice Fb items (some pan) that she says it will take her a while to post. She also had nice Itachi sets and some other awesome stuff, but some too expensive for me ;_;
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

moonrabitt wrote:
I did talk to Midori, and she said that she would add her stuff to the site, so that's good.....
awesome!! :D thanks for letting us know!
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Wow - if FB has to be hidden, then Ducky is in big trouble. >_<