Midori at AWA...?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Midori at AWA...?

Post by Gonzai »

Well, if everything goes well, than Midori & company
will be attending AWA this September. Sounds like
they may be able to get a booth. They are just working
on getting all the paper work done that needs to be done.

I think this will be great for the people on the east coast
and the midwest as well. If you get the chance, you should
try and get to Atlanta for a few days so that you can meet
her and the rest of her group from Japan. They are super
nice people.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Awesome! 8) I kept trying to make a trip either to Japan or AX or both to meet her but things kept getting in my way. Now she's coming to my neck of the woods. It'll be so much fun to meet her. I know an authentic Japanese restaurant closeby she'd probably love if she wanted to go there. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

She needs to come on up to Otakon sometime.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

^
Unfortunately, Otakon conflicts with one of the cons in Japan
she works at w/ Parthenon.
I believe one of the big Comiket events is around the
same time frame in August.
Though this year because the date was pushed up to late
July it was too close to AX's.

Sending you a pm Nida ^_~
safetygirl

Post by safetygirl »

It was so fun to meet Midori-san and everyone else - I didn't know there'd be so many beta people at AWA. :) While my budget didn't let me get anything this year (and given the flooding that hit the day after con, I guess it was for the best that I didn't raid my rainy day funds) I was really glad to see all of Midori's treasures. It gives me something to shoot for once I finish dealing with home stuff.

Was everyone able to leave Atlanta ok, I hope?
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I had a blast even though we got flooded and I tried to kill Baylor-chan. X| (total accident) Midori has such awesome stuff. I wish I could have bought more. :^^: (I still need to update what I did buy. :wink: )

Here's a weird question. Safetygirl, did I meet you? I live in the ATL as well.
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

Duo?! You tried to kill Baylor?! Poor Baylor! (Why do I have this vision of a supercharged red streak doing 90mph through 3 feet of standing water? X| )

The word deluge doesn't begin describe the way it poured on Jenn, Syan and me on the way to the airport terminal from the car rental place. And it wouldn't let up! Just kept making rivers out of the roads and parking lots.

My flight out of Atlanta kept changing gates and times. The plane was rerouted and grounded in Nashville where it sat until the weather cleared. We took off about 3 hours late and everyone on the plane applauded when we landed in Tulsa. At least we weren't one of the dozens of cancellations that Sunday.

But it was still a fantastic time despite all that hot rain and humidity! Like Duo said, it really was a blast! 8)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Kaona wrote:(Why do I have this vision of a supercharged red streak doing 90mph through 3 feet of standing water? X| )
Probably because that's pretty much what it would have looked like. X|

I need to get two new tires for my car. I got two at the beginning of the summer and the guy told me I'll need the other two replaced by the end of the summer. Well, I admit I got sidetracked. Leaving the con Saturday, I was merging on the highway and looking at the traffic I was merging into and not on the passenger side of the car. There was basically a lake there. I hit it with turned wheels and went sliding. The tire guys were idiots! My new tires were put on the front of my car. I have rear-wheel drive. Yeah, I'm trying to correct all that now. :roll:
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Sounds like an adventure, DT. Glad you came out of it safely.

As for the flights, I must have left early enough in the morning (flight was as 12:20p) b/c I didn't have any delays the whole trip home, which was great. As it was my last leg landed at 8:30p PDT, then had to go grocery shopping with my girls and drove the 30 miles home so it was about 10:00p PDT when I reached my house. Considering I woke up at 6:00a EDT b/c I couldn't sleep any longer, it was a long day.

I have to say I had an awesome time during my stay in Atlanta rain and all and it was great seeing everyone!! :)
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

It was great seeing/meeting everyone! :)

My mis-adventure was post airport. When I made it home (only 1 hour flight delay thankfully), I couldn't unlock my deadbolt, so I had a locksmith over around midnight breaking into my house for me. :hurt:

On the positive side, finally no more sniffling for me!
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

syan wrote: On the positive side, finally no more sniffling for me!
Did you end up with a cold, too? I've had one for about a week, but it's finally getting better.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Yeah, it was definitely a cold, even though I was having some sort of reaction to certain rooms of the convention hall too.

A bunch of people ended up sick. I seriously hope I wasn't the one who gave it to everyone, since I seem to have gotten it first. :O
usamamo
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by usamamo »

this may seem silly, but who is this midori that everyone talks about, and her awsome website? Just thought I would ask
" I'm Usagi Tsukino, 16 years old...in the first year of high school. I'm a bit rash and a crybaby...but, I'm actually an agent of love and justice....pretty Sailor Soldier, Sailor Moon"
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Oh gods...watching Christina trying to figure out the gate situation was absolutely hilarious. That is, until I found out that my flight was going to keep changing gates...terminls...and times. I was only delayed about 40 minutes, but I almost missed my flight because I kept chasing the gate down. I still managed to catch my connection and made it home by about midnight. I still think it would have been quicker to drive!!

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
safetygirl

Post by safetygirl »

duotrouble - yes, I'm in the ATL, about 3 miles north of the Galleria. AWA is a VERY local con for me. :) I don't think we met - Gonzai told me that a lot of Beta people were there but I kept missing you guys.

I'm glad everyone eventually made their flights! We usually have really great weather for the con...